- “A Banner of Faithfulness” (February 2010 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares the story a stonecutter who left a legacy of sacrifice.
- “A Prophet’s Pledge” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about one of his pioneer ancestors and her siblings who sacrificed to cross the plains even after their parents died.
- “Ben’s Gift” (July 2003 Liahona and Friend)
A little boy in Nauvoo struggles to make the decision to sacrifice his beloved wagon to help the men build the Nauvoo Temple.
- “The Blessing Quest” (February 2015 Friend)
Nathan wants to skip church and play outside instead!
- “Faith in Every Footstep” (August 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust shares a story that teaches how joy can be ours if we are willing to sacrifice all for the Lord.
- “Garage-Sale Annie” (November 2013 Friend)
Annie learns about choosing what is most important.
- “Lydia’s Thirsty Raspberries” (August 2013 Friend)
Lydia’s father exemplifies Christianity by sharing water during a draught.
- “Pinkie” (November 2011 Friend)
Emily feels good when she gives away her favorite blanket to a child in a car accident.
- “Pioneer Parasols” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Christiana and her family joined the Church in Denmark. They sacrificed a great deal, including Christiana’s beloved parasols, to come and make a life in the Salt Lake Valley.
- “Pioneer Sacrifices” (July 2002 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares faith-promoting examples of sacrifice.
- “Ribbons for Shoes” (August 2009 Friend)
True story from the life of Mary Jane McCleve who belonged to the second handcart company to cross the plains to the Salt Lake Valley.
- “The Blessings of Hard Work” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Per G. Malm of the Seventy shares a story that illustrates the importance of serving the Lord, even when it means we must sacrifice.
- “The Blessings of Sacrifice” (December 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Adhemar Damiani of the Seventy shares some stories from his life about how we can be blessed by sacrifice.
- “The Tortilla Miracle” (October 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Raoul’s family sacrifices to earn money so they can travel from Honduras to Guatemala to be sealed in the temple.
- “The Yellow Dress” (November 2008 Friend)
Clair feels better inside when she gives her yellow dress away to a girl who needs it.
- “To the Last Frontier” (July 2001 Friend)
True story of girl and her family who settled in St. George, Utah, and were then asked to leave everything and relocate in Arizona.
- “Why is tithing important?” (October 2009 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that tithing develops and tests our faith. By sacrificing to the Lord what we may think we need or want for ourselves, we learn to rely on Him.
- “You Must Choose for Yourself” (February 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Story of a little girl in London who makes the decision to leave her family, home and country to join the Saints in America.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Abraham Taking Isaac to Be Sacrificed”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Pioneers Pushing Handcarts”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Young Men Helping the Martin Handcart Company Cross the Sweetwater River”
- Image: “Girl Praying with Open Scriptures”
- Image: “Mother and Daughter Praying”
- Image: “Old Covered Wagon”
- Image: “Pioneer Wagon Wheel”
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, 110)
- Music: “Go the Second Mile” (Children’s Songbook, 167)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 3: Lehi Leaves Jerusalem”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 13: Joseph and Emma”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 9: Abraham and the Sacrifice of Isaac”