- “Article of Faith 8”(August 2011Friend)
An explanation of the four books of scripture. Includes a coloring game.
- “Bringing the Scriptures to Life”(February 2013Friend)
Ideas for applying the scriptures to your own life.
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures are the word of God.”(January 2011Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to Them.” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Scriptures and Righteousness
In “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend), President Hinckley asks us to write down a scripture and read it every morning. On small pieces of paper or sticky notes, have everyone write down 2 Timothy 1:7-8. Then write down a few more favorite scriptures. Have family members put these reminders where they will see them each day—by their bed, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, etc. At your next family home evening, discuss how these daily reminders helped each person follow Christ.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Women in the Scriptures
Complete the activity “Women of the Gospel” (May 2006Friend). Then divide into teams and use the Topical Guide, Bible Dictionary, and Index to find out one more fact about each woman listed. How is your own mother, grandmother, aunt, or teacher also an example of righteous traits? Remember to honor these women with gratitude and love.
- “Family Scripture Fun” (August 2013 Friend)
Make scripture reading fun with these cool ideas.
- “Listen for His Voice”(January 2011Friend)
Connect the dots to see a picture of a child reading the scriptures.
- “Magic Scripture Square”(August 2006Friend)
Look up scriptures to create a magic square.
- “Scripture Cards” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out these cards and place them in your scriptures. You can also write your own favorite scripture verses on each card!
- “Scripture Heroes” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Match each scripture hero with the right object.
- “Scripture Journal” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Making a scripture journal can help you learn new scriptures and remember what they teach. Includes a template for a doorknob reminder.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe the Scriptures Are the Word of God” (August 1995 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of each of the four books of scriptures. Includes a printable scripture reading activity.
- “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend)
Includes a “gospel road signs” activity.
- “Sharing Time: Read the Scriptures Daily” (June 1991 Liahona and March 1991 Friend)
Includes a coloring page to keep track of days of scripture reading.
- “Sharing Time: Search the Scriptures”(February 1985Friend)
Includes a story from the life of President Spencer W. Kimball and a printable scripture reading bookmark to color.
- “Sharing Time: The Words of Christ” (March 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making and coloring a scripture reference activity.
- “Studying the Scriptures”(January 2012Friend)
Solve a code to find out what to do to learn more from the scriptures.
- “The Scriptures Teach of Heavenly Father’s Plan” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a visual activity about Heavenly Father’s plan for us.
- “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes four pictures to color that show ideas for studying the scriptures.
- “Who Am I?”(February 2012Friend)
Identify the Book of Mormon character being described in these short biographies.
- Bright Idea: Elder Richard G. Scott—“Scriptures are like packets of light”(April 2013Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Liahona”
- Image Collection: “Scripture Study”
- Image Collection: “Scriptures”
- Music: “The Books in the Book of Mormon” (Children’s Songbook, 119)
- Music: “The Books in the New Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 116)
- Music: “The Books in the Old Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 114)
- Music: “The Eighth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 127)
- Music: “The Golden Plates” (Children’s Songbook, 86)
- Music: “Search, Ponder, and Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 109)
- Music: “Seek the Lord Early” (Children’s Songbook, 108)
- Music: “As I Search the Holy Scriptures” (Hymns, 277)
- Scripture Figures Collection
- “Scripture Figures Older Man” (January 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Older Woman” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older women in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Man” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Woman” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger women in the scriptures.
- Sheet Music: “As Through I Had Been There”(May 1998Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Hand and Hand Together”(May 2001Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Scripture Power”(October 1987Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Study the Scriptures”(July 1990Friend)
- Videos: Book of Mormon Stories
- Videos: Doctrine and Covenants Stories
- Videos: New Testament Stories
- Videos: Old Testament Stories
- Scripture Reading Charts