- “Always Ready”(February 2012Friend)
Jeffrey faces many choices throughout the day, but he reads his scriptures in the morning so he can receive extra help to make good media choices all day.
- “Articles of Faith 1 and 2” (January 2015 Friend)
Activities and helps to memorize Articles of Faith 1 and 2.
- “Article of Faith 7” (June 2015 Friend)
- “Article of Faith 8” (July 2015 Friend)
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “Book of Mormon Challenge” (April 2015 Friend)
Blake decided he would read the Book of Mormon…again!
- “The Book of Mormon: Our True Guide”(February 2012Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Includes a scripture activity.
- “The Dinner Game” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A family starts a new tradition of guessing scripture quotes while eating Sunday dinner.
- “Doing Something Good with My Time” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Clayton decides to use his time wisely by memorizing the Articles of Faith.
- “The Good Shepherd” (June 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Learn about the parable of the Good Shepherd and Jesus blessing children. Includes a picture-craft printout.
- “Hi! I’m Will from Taiwan!” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Will likes reading the scriptures with his family and doing missionary work.
- “How can I gain a testimony of the scriptures?” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How can I learn more when I read the scriptures?”(April 2009Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares five principles for reading the scriptures.
- “How can the scriptures help me?” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares thoughts on the subject.
- “How Can the Scriptures Help Me?” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Jesus Heals a Leper” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson and activity to teach this scripture story.
- “My Special Books”(October 2012Friend)
Elder Kent F. Richards of the Seventy shares how important his scriptures have been to him.
- “The Parable of the Talents” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Jesus taught us to use and improve our talents. Includes an idea for a family activity.
- “Poem: Scripture Treasures” (January 2015 Friend)
This poem tells of treasures you can find as you read the scriptures daily.
- “Ready to Read” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl who struggles with dyslexia is brave and reads her scriptures aloud in Primary.
- Scripture Rebus Stories Collection
- Scripture Retellings Collection
- Scripture Stories Links
- “Scriptures and Firewood”(June 2010Friend)
Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy teaches about reading the scriptures for understanding.
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads her Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Scriptures under the Stars” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, talks about how she gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
- “Show and Tell” (March 2015 Friend)
Children bear testimony of friendship, covenants, scripture reading, and more.
- “Small Things”(August 2007 Friend)
Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the Seventy shares how small things, like reading our scriptures and being polite, can convert us to the Lord.
- “Special Witness: How Can My Scripture Study Be More Meaningful?” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring gives five guidelines to help make the scriptures more meaningful.
- “Stories of Jesus: Printing the Words of Jesus Christ”(March 2013Friend)
An explanation of how the Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets.
- “Teaching Our Children from the Scriptures” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Former Primary general president Sister Cheryl C. Lant shares ideas for teaching children from the scriptures.
- “Thomas’s Testimony” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy turns to the scriptures to help him gain a testimony.
- “What can I learn from the scriptures?” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson talks about the blessings that scriptures bring.
- “When I Read the Scriptures”(August 2005Friend)
A short poem about the role of the scriptures in our lives.
- “Why is it important to have both the Bible and the Book of Mormon?” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles testifies that both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are necessary for our salvation.
- “Why is it important to read the scriptures?”(February 2011Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Article of Faith 4” (March 2015 Friend)
Activities and helps to memorize Article of Faith 4.
- “Article of Faith 8”(August 2011Friend)
An explanation of the four books of scripture. Includes a coloring game.
- “Bringing the Scriptures to Life”(February 2013Friend)
Ideas for applying the scriptures to your own life.
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures are the word of God.”(January 2011Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to Them.” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Scriptures and Righteousness
In “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend), President Hinckley asks us to write down a scripture and read it every morning. On small pieces of paper or sticky notes, have everyone write down 2 Timothy 1:7-8. Then write down a few more favorite scriptures. Have family members put these reminders where they will see them each day—by their bed, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, etc. At your next family home evening, discuss how these daily reminders helped each person follow Christ.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Women in the Scriptures
Complete the activity “Women of the Gospel” (May 2006Friend). Then divide into teams and use the Topical Guide, Bible Dictionary, and Index to find out one more fact about each woman listed. How is your own mother, grandmother, aunt, or teacher also an example of righteous traits? Remember to honor these women with gratitude and love.
- “Family Scripture Fun” (August 2013 Friend)
Make scripture reading fun with these cool ideas.
- “A Journey to Learn about Jesus Christ” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
An activity to help children learn about the life of Jesus Christ.
- “Listen for His Voice”(January 2011Friend)
Connect the dots to see a picture of a child reading the scriptures.
- “Magic Scripture Square”(August 2006Friend)
Look up scriptures to create a magic square.
- “Scripture Cards” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out these cards and place them in your scriptures. You can also write your own favorite scripture verses on each card!
- “Scripture Heroes” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Match each scripture hero with the right object.
- “Scripture Journal” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Making a scripture journal can help you learn new scriptures and remember what they teach. Includes a template for a doorknob reminder.
- “The Scriptures Teach of Heavenly Father’s Plan” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a visual activity about Heavenly Father’s plan for us.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe the Scriptures Are the Word of God” (August 1995 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of each of the four books of scriptures. Includes a printable scripture reading activity.
- “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend)
Includes a “gospel road signs” activity.
- “Sharing Time: Read the Scriptures Daily” (June 1991 Liahona and March 1991 Friend)
Includes a coloring page to keep track of days of scripture reading.
- “Sharing Time: Search the Scriptures”(February 1985Friend)
Includes a story from the life of President Spencer W. Kimball and a printable scripture reading bookmark to color.
- “Sharing Time: The Words of Christ” (March 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making and coloring a scripture reference activity.
- “Studying the Scriptures”(January 2012Friend)
Solve a code to find out what to do to learn more from the scriptures.
- “Testimony Toolbox” (April 2015 Friend)
Learn what tools you need to build a strong testimony.
- “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes four pictures to color that show ideas for studying the scriptures.
- “Who Am I?”(February 2012Friend)
Identify the Book of Mormon character being described in these short biographies.
- Bright Idea: Elder Richard G. Scott—“Scriptures are like packets of light”(April 2013Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Liahona”
- Image Collection: “Scripture Study”
- Image Collection: “Scriptures”
- Music: “As I Search the Holy Scriptures” (Hymns, 277)
- Music: “Book of Mormon Stories” (Children’s Songbook 118)
- Music: “Search, Ponder, and Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 109)
- Music: “Seek the Lord Early” (Children’s Songbook, 108)
- Music: “The Books in the Book of Mormon” (Children’s Songbook, 119)
- Music: “The Books in the New Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 116)
- Music: “The Books in the Old Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 114)
- Music: “The Eighth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 127)
- Music: “The Golden Plates” (Children’s Songbook, 86)
- Music: “The Ninth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 128)
- Scripture Figures Collection
- “Scripture Figures Older Man” (January 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Older Woman” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older women in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Man” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Woman” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger women in the scriptures.
- Scripture Reading Charts
- Sheet Music: “As Through I Had Been There”(May 1998Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Hand and Hand Together”(May 2001Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Scripture Power”(October 1987Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Study the Scriptures”(July 1990Friend)
- Video: Mormon Message, “A Book of Mormon Story”
- Videos: Bible Videos, “The Life of Jesus Christ”
Scenes from the New Testament.
- Videos: Book of Mormon Stories
- Videos: Doctrine and Covenants Stories
- Videos: New Testament Stories
- Videos: Old Testament Stories
- Video: One in a Million, “Allison”
A girl asks her friends to share their favorite Bible verses with her as she prepares for baptism.