- “A Friend for Grandma” (May 2014 Friend)
Dana loved to read stories to her grandmother.
- “A Generous Man” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) used his wealth to bless his family, neighbors, and even strangers.
- “A Heart Filled With Love” (February 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about a day of service.
- “A Lullaby for Nana” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Tanner shares his CD with his grandma to help her fall asleep.
- “A Special Pigeon” (April 2013 Friend)
While raising pigeons, a young President Monson learns about serving others.
- “Baseballs and Service” (September 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story of when he did service for his elderly neighbor when he was a boy.
- “Bobby’s Birthday Surprise” (Sept 2013 Friend)
Bobby decides to do Charlotte’s chores for her birthday.
- “Chocolate Cake” (January 2012 Friend)
When Elizabeth earns some extra money, she thinks about buying things for herself but decides to use the money to make others happy.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
A young boy gives food and his coat to a friend who needs them.
- “Dylan’s Saturday Surprise” (June 2012 Friend)
Dylan doesn’t want to wake up early to clean the church, but he feels blessed when he realizes he’s cleaning the Lord’s house.
- “Early-Morning Rescue” (June 2013 Friend)
Dustin helps his father rescue strangers in the middle of the night.
- “Eternal Service Project” (May 2005 Friend)
Keri thinks an elderly woman is trying to make a service project last forever, but learns that the woman just wants someone to visit her.
- “Feed My Sheep”(April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl comforts an elderly woman who is going in for surgery. Includes a finding activity.
- “Feeling Better” (February 2014 Friend)
Laura feels happy after sharing a cookie with Whitney.
- “Finding Ways to Help” (February 2015 Friend)
Zack runs a lemonade stand to raise money for wheelchairs.
- “Floods and Fluffy” (March 2015 Friend)
Jayden donates a favorite toy to disaster relief.
- “Following Jesus: Be Helpful” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- For Little Friends: “Big Enough” (May 2014 Friend)
Carlos is big enough to help around the house.
- For Little Friends: “I’ll Walk with You” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Illustrations for the Primary song “I’ll Walk with You."
- “Gloves for a Shepherd” (December 2013 Friend)
A girl talks about sharing her gloves with a boy who was cold.
- “Going on an Errand for the Lord” (January 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about how Heavenly Father answered another’s prayer through him.
- “Grandma Emily’s Chickens” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Rachel learns that when we serve others, we’re often answering people’s prayers and serving Heavenly Father.
- “Grandma’s Feather Blizzard” (August 2012 Friend)
Joshua helps his grandma clean the house before his parents bring the new baby home.
- “Growing in the Garden” (June 2012 Friend)
Matt doesn’t want to weed his grandparents’ garden, but he discoveries the joys of working and serving.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of the Savior’s role as a shepherd, as well as information about caring for lambs. Includes coloring pictures about how to help the Savior's lambs.
- “How can I learn to be a good example?” (February 2015 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott shares thoughts on the subject.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, presiding bishop, relates preparation for the Olympics with preparation for life.
- “Jesus Teaches How to Treat Others” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A re-telling of the parable of the good Samaritan.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Stories of how President Thomas S. Monson’s family performed service and set a good example for him as a boy.
- “Lessons from the Prophet Joseph” (February 2014 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about how Joseph Smith served others.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Making Music in Uganda” (April 2014 Friend and June 2014 Liahona)
A Primary-aged boy is the ward chorister.
- “Max and Mia Save the Day” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Siblings Max and Mia are service super heroes! A story for young children.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus learns that he doesn’t have to grow up to serve people.
- “Mommy’s Flower Garden” (January 2015 Friend)
Joshua helps his mother feel better by coloring a garden for her.
- “Not Alone” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy is comforted when his bishop visits him in the hospital.
- “One Grumpy Neighbor” (April 2014 Liahona and Friend)
How could Mason and Andrew turn a grumpy neighbor into a friend?
- “Our Page” (February 2012 Liahona)
Features a boy from Brazil who spent a Sunday afternoon reading to his lonely grandmother.
- “Our Page” (June 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Argentina who helped her family clean a neighbor’s yard.
- “Prepared to Serve” (July 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Eduardo Gavarret of the Seventy learned how to serve as a young boy.
- “Save Her!” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A story of when 11-year-old President Monson rescued a girl on the Provo River.
- “Serving Heavenly Father” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin helps his older brother and sister get ready to go to the temple. Includes two activities.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy sharing how he learned to love an elderly neighbor by helping his mother serve the woman.
- “Sharing Christmas” (December 2011 Friend)
Sarah learns that giving away something important to her helps her to be like Jesus.
- “Showing Love through Service” (February 2015 Friend)
President Monson learned to and gave service as a child. Includes activities on how we can give service.
- “Straw for the Manger”(December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy enjoys adding a piece of straw to the manger each time he does a good deed during the Christmas season.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Megan wants revenge… until she sees how her older brother is serving her.
- “The Christmas Surprise” (December 2013 Friend)
There weren’t many coins in our Christmas jar—how would we help a family in need?
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
An illustrated story about President Heber J. Grant when he gave away his new coat to help a needy boy who was cold.
- “The New Adventures of Matt & Mandy” (December 2013 Friend)
Matt and Mandy ask their parents to spend Christmas money on friends in need instead of buying them lots of gifts.
- “The Parade Prize” (July 2014 Friend)
Matthew’s favorite part of the parade wasn’t what he saw but what he did.
- “Three Milkshakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole gets discouraged when he keeps dropping the milkshakes he is trying to bring to his sick friend.
- “Two Million Helping Hands” (June 2012 Friend)
Children around the world share how they have served others.
- “Wake-Up Calls” (November 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring invites us to heed the Savior’s call to help those in need. Includes a word search activity.
- “Warming Up to the Lindsays” (December 2013 Friend)
Karen learns how to love her neighbors when they visit for Christmas.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Young women offer to carry a friend on a hike when they learn she couldn't participate otherwise.
- “Where Is Jesus?” (March 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a message about Jesus Christ.
- “Why is it important to serve others?” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches about service.
- “You are the Savior’s Hands” (January 2015 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us that we are the Savior’s hands as we extend our love to others.
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “Ammon, a Great Servant” (May 2012 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Good Samaritan”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Washing Apostles Feet”
- Music: “‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “A Happy Helper” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, p.110)
- Music: “I Feel My Savior’s Love” (Children’s Songbook, 74)
- Music: “I Like My Birthdays” (Children’s Songbook, p. 104)
- Music: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 78)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Poster: “At my age, what can I do to make the world a better place?” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Want to Be Baptized” (July 2005 Friend)
- Video: “A Playground for Carly”
Children help build a playground that all the children can play on.
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Sweet Melodee”
Melodee helps her brother when he gets hurt.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Feed My Sheep”
Olivia makes a homemade card to serve a neighbor.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Mom’s Surprise Helper”
Marcus saves the day when his mom gets tired.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Super-Fast Service”
Truman helps plan a Thanksgiving surprise for his neighbors.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Unselfish Service”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: “Pass It On”
Children heed President Monson’s call to serve.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 35: The Good Samaritan”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 19: The Ten Commandments”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 40: Daniel and His Friends”
- Video: “The Coat”
A true story about service from the childhood of President Heber J. Grant.