- “Babysitting Blues” (July 2015 Friend)
A girl learns she can enjoy babysitting. Comes with tips.
- “Baseballs and Service” (September 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story of when he did service for his elderly neighbor when he was a boy.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Megan wants revenge… until she sees how her older brother is serving her.
- “Big Hearts Busy Hands” (September 2015 Friend)
A photo story about some Activity Day Girls in Arizona who planned fun service projects and included their neighbors.
- “Bobby’s Birthday Surprise” (Sept 2013 Friend)
Bobby decides to do Charlotte’s chores for her birthday.
- “The Candy Plan” (October 2015 Friend)
Josh shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Chocolate Cake” (January 2012 Friend)
When Elizabeth earns some extra money, she thinks about buying things for herself but decides to use the money to make others happy.
- “The Christmas Surprise” (December 2013 Friend)
There weren’t many coins in our Christmas jar—how would we help a family in need?
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
An illustrated story about President Heber J. Grant when he gave away his new coat to help a needy boy who was cold.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
A young boy gives food and his coat to a friend who needs them.
- “Diabetic? Not Alone” (August 2015 Friend)
Matthew helps others become aware of diabetes shares his talents in the process.
- “Dreams and Dolphins” (October 2015 Friend)
Ellie was born with a disease that resulted in one leg growing shorter than the other. Here’s how she serves and inspires.
- “Dylan’s Saturday Surprise” (June 2012 Friend)
Dylan doesn’t want to wake up early to clean the church, but he feels blessed when he realizes he’s cleaning the Lord’s house.
- “Early-Morning Rescue” (June 2013 Friend)
Dustin helps his father rescue strangers in the middle of the night.
- “Emily’s Lawn Service” (June 2015 Friend)
Emily earns money by mowing lawns to give to a family with medical expenses.
- “Eternal Service Project” (May 2005 Friend)
Keri thinks an elderly woman is trying to make a service project last forever, but learns that the woman just wants someone to visit her.
- “Fasting for Vanuatu!” (September 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring was moved by hearing of the storm damaged island of Vanuatu to pay his fast offering early so it might help the hungry, homeless and lonely.
- “Feed My Sheep”(April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl comforts an elderly woman who is going in for surgery. Includes a finding activity.
- “Feeling Better” (February 2014 Friend)
Laura feels happy after sharing a cookie with Whitney.
- “Finding Ways to Help” (February 2015 Friend)
Zack runs a lemonade stand to raise money for wheelchairs.
- “Floods and Fluffy” (March 2015 Friend)
Jayden donates a favorite toy to disaster relief.
- “Food Drive Fun” (July 2015 Friend)
Micaela ran a race, gathered food and sorted it to help her stake’s food drive.
- “Following Jesus: Be Helpful” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- For Little Friends: “Big Enough” (May 2014 Friend)
Carlos is big enough to help around the house.
- For Little Friends: “I’ll Walk with You” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Illustrations for the Primary song “I’ll Walk with You."
- “A Friend for Grandma” (May 2014 Friend)
Dana loved to read stories to her grandmother.
- “Friendship Adds Up” (September 2015 Friend)
Kyle and Ricky help each other learn different subjects in school, and become friends in the process.
- “Friends of All Ages” (April 2015 Friend)
Tyler follows Jesus by helping elderly neighbors.
- “A Generous Man” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) used his wealth to bless his family, neighbors, and even strangers.
- “Gloves for a Shepherd” (December 2013 Friend)
A girl talks about sharing her gloves with a boy who was cold.
- “Going on an Errand for the Lord” (January 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about how Heavenly Father answered another’s prayer through him.
- “Grandma Emily’s Chickens” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Rachel learns that when we serve others, we’re often answering people’s prayers and serving Heavenly Father.
- “Grandma’s Feather Blizzard” (August 2012 Friend)
Joshua helps his grandma clean the house before his parents bring the new baby home.
- “Growing in the Garden” (June 2012 Friend)
Matt doesn’t want to weed his grandparents’ garden, but he discoveries the joys of working and serving.
- “Happy to Help” (October 2015 Friend)
William and his siblings help their neighbor rake leaves.
- “A Heart Filled With Love” (February 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about a day of service.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of the Savior’s role as a shepherd, as well as information about caring for lambs. Includes coloring pictures about how to help the Savior's lambs.
- “How can I learn to be a good example?” (February 2015 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott shares thoughts on the subject.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, presiding bishop, relates preparation for the Olympics with preparation for life.
- “Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Summary of the story of Jesus Christ bringing Lazarus back to life. Includes a scripture matching activity.
- “Jesus Heals a Leper” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson and activity to teach this scripture story.
- “Jesus Teaches How to Treat Others” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A re-telling of the parable of the good Samaritan.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Stories of how President Thomas S. Monson’s family performed service and set a good example for him as a boy.
- “Lessons from the Prophet Joseph” (February 2014 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about how Joseph Smith served others.
- “A Lullaby for Nana” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Tanner shares his CD with his grandma to help her fall asleep.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Making Music in Uganda” (April 2014 Friend and June 2014 Liahona)
A Primary-aged boy is the ward chorister.
- “Matt & Mandy” (September 2015 Friend)
The Coopers have a tradition of doing a secret act of service every week.
- “Matt and Mandy” (April 2015 Friend)
Matt stops riding his bike to help his neighbor.
- “Max and Mia Save the Day” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Siblings Max and Mia are service super heroes! A story for young children.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus learns that he doesn’t have to grow up to serve people.
- “Mommy’s Flower Garden” (January 2015 Friend)
Joshua helps his mother feel better by coloring a garden for her.
- “The New Adventures of Matt & Mandy” (December 2013 Friend)
Matt and Mandy ask their parents to spend Christmas money on friends in need instead of buying them lots of gifts.
- “Not Alone” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy is comforted when his bishop visits him in the hospital.
- “One Grumpy Neighbor” (April 2014 Liahona and Friend)
How could Mason and Andrew turn a grumpy neighbor into a friend?
- “Our Page” (February 2012 Liahona)
Features a boy from Brazil who spent a Sunday afternoon reading to his lonely grandmother.
- “Our Page” (June 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Argentina who helped her family clean a neighbor’s yard.
- “The Parable of the Talents” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Jesus taught us to use and improve our talents. Includes an idea for a family activity.
- “The Parade Prize” (July 2014 Friend)
Matthew’s favorite part of the parade wasn’t what he saw but what he did.
- “Prepared to Serve” (July 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Eduardo Gavarret of the Seventy learned how to serve as a young boy.
- “Puppies and Bottle Caps” (June 2015 Friend)
A photo story about Ashton, who coordinates community service such as visiting sick and lonely people.
- “Save Her!” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A story of when 11-year-old President Monson rescued a girl on the Provo River.
- “Serving Heavenly Father” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin helps his older brother and sister get ready to go to the temple. Includes two activities.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy sharing how he learned to love an elderly neighbor by helping his mother serve the woman.
- “Sharing Christmas” (December 2011 Friend)
Sarah learns that giving away something important to her helps her to be like Jesus.
- “Showing Love through Service” (February 2015 Friend)
President Monson learned to and gave service as a child. Includes activities on how we can give service.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- “A Special Pigeon” (April 2013 Friend)
While raising pigeons, a young President Monson learns about serving others.
- “Straw for the Manger”(December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy enjoys adding a piece of straw to the manger each time he does a good deed during the Christmas season.
- “Three Milkshakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole gets discouraged when he keeps dropping the milkshakes he is trying to bring to his sick friend.
- “Two Million Helping Hands” (June 2012 Friend)
Children around the world share how they have served others.
- “Wake-Up Calls” (November 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring invites us to heed the Savior’s call to help those in need. Includes a word search activity.
- “Warming Up to the Lindsays” (December 2013 Friend)
Karen learns how to love her neighbors when they visit for Christmas.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Young women offer to carry a friend on a hike when they learn she couldn't participate otherwise.
- “Where Is Jesus?” (March 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a message about Jesus Christ.
- “Why is it important to serve others?” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches about service.
- “You are the Savior’s Hands” (January 2015 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us that we are the Savior’s hands as we extend our love to others.
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “Ammon, a Great Servant” (May 2012 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Good Samaritan”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Washing Apostles Feet”
- Music: “‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “A Happy Helper” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, p.110)
- Music: “I Feel My Savior’s Love” (Children’s Songbook, 74)
- Music: “I Like My Birthdays” (Children’s Songbook, p. 104)
- Music: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 78)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Poster: “At my age, what can I do to make the world a better place?” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Want to Be Baptized” (July 2005 Friend)
- Video: “A Playground for Carly”
Children help build a playground that all the children can play on.
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Sweet Melodee”
Melodee helps her brother when he gets hurt.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Feed My Sheep”
Olivia makes a homemade card to serve a neighbor.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Mom’s Surprise Helper”
Marcus saves the day when his mom gets tired.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Super-Fast Service”
Truman helps plan a Thanksgiving surprise for his neighbors.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Unselfish Service”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: “Pass It On”
Children heed President Monson’s call to serve.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 35: The Good Samaritan”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 19: The Ten Commandments”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 40: Daniel and His Friends”
- Video: “The Coat”
A true story about service from the childhood of President Heber J. Grant.