- “Always Ready” (February 2012 Friend)
Jeffrey tells of the many temptations he had throughout his day and what helped him choose the right.
- “Avoiding the Devil’s Throat” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust teaches us to be cautious and stay as far away from temptation as we can.
- “The Bad Magazine” (February 2007 Friend)
A girl tells about when she was in second grade and some older boys on the bus tried to get her to look at a bad magazine.
- “Crash and Tell” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shuts down the computer when bad images pop up.
- “Deadly Maka-fekes” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson warns of attractive lures that can destroy us.
- “God’s Power Within You” (January 2002 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley teaches about facing and overcoming temptations.
- “Jason’s Escape” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Practicing a fire drill with his family helps Jason later escape the temptation of an inappropriate video game.
- “Jesus Begins His Ministry” (March 2011 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Jesus being tempted by Satan.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (May 2014 Friend)
Matt resists the temptation to keep a stolen pen.
- “The Scriptures Are the Word of God” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Holding onto the scriptures will help us avoid temptation.
- “The Strength to Choose” (April 2010 Friend)
Chris’s friend tries to get him to smoke a cigarette.
- “Team Boy Temptation” (October 2004 Friend)
Loren tells of his temptation to go to a professional basketball game or keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “David and Goliath” (July 2002 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) told us that we can defeat temptation just as David slew Goliath.
- “The Scriptures Are the Word of God” (January 2011 Friend)
Holding onto the scriptures will help us avoid temptation. Use the cutouts to help you find the meaning of Lehi’s dream.