- “Blessed and Healed” (January 2009 Friend)
Elder Anthony D. Perkins tells about how he had a hip disease when he was a child.
- “Challenges in Missouri” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Tells of some of the trials the early members of the Church faced in Missouri.
- “Dear Gracie” (November 2015 Friend)
Gracie is comforted about her upcoming surgery when she makes friends with an older girl who also has spina bifida.
- “Give Thanks for Everything” (January 2010 Friend )
President Thomas S. Monson teaches how we can be happy in life by being grateful, even when we face challenges.
- “Grumbling Peter” (April 2009 Friend )
Peter’s life has become hard since his baby twin brothers were born, but he learns in Primary that Jesus loves him.
- “Holding onto Hope” (March 2016 Friend)
Emma stands tall by continuing to be strong even while battling leukemia.
- “I Can Do Hard Things” (March 2010 Friend )
Jon is struggling in school, but he learns that he can do hard things.
- “Joseph’s Experiences in Jail” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling of the story of Joseph Smith’s experience in Liberty Jail.
- “Liberty Jail” (September 1997 Friend )
A telling of what happened at Liberty Jail from the Prophet Joseph Smith’s own account.
- “March of Zion’s Camp” (May 1993 Friend )
A retelling of the story of Zion’s Camp from Church history.
- “Maria’s Medal” (February 2009 Friend )
A girl learns that adversity can make her strong after she gets a disease that makes it so she can’t move very much.
- “Missing Dad” (September 2011 Friend )
Jaylee is sad because her parents are divorced and she misses her dad, but she finds comfort when she prays.
- “My Gratitude List” (November 2009 Friend )
Christina learns that even though her family has had trials she can still find many things to be grateful for.
- “My Miracle” (August 2016 Friend)
Jonah F., age 11, talks about how it was a miracle for him that the doctor’s discovered he has type 1 diabetes.
- “Persecutions in Missouri” (June 1997 Liahona and July 1993 Friend)
A retelling of some of the trials the early members of the Church faced in Missouri.
- “Prayers and Potatoes” (January 2014 Friend)
Patrick learns that difficulties help us grow so we can become more like Heavenly Father.
- “Question Corner” (May 2013 Friend )
Heavenly Father sometimes helps me with small things, but why doesn’t He always help with bigger things, like healing someone who has a serious sickness?
- “The Rose Garden” (April 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Mike is sad after his mom dies and asks Heavenly Father to help him.
- “The Stuttering Struggle” (November 2015 Friend)
Nathaniel has a stuttering problem and is afraid when asked to narrate the Primary program, but he finds courage through practice and prayer.
- “Sweeter Than Pie” (November 2015 Friend)
Tally is sad when she gets sick and has to miss the Thanksgiving party at school, but then she remembers to be grateful.
- “Trials for Joseph and Emma” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
The story of the trials faced by Joseph and Emma in the early days of the Church.
- “Trouble in Adventure Forest” (April 2018 Friend)
After burning his feet, Owen learns that Heavenly Father doesn’t always stop bad things from happening, but He helps us get through them.
- “What can we do when hard things happen to us?” (May 2012 Friend )
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “What should I do if I can’t stop feeling sad all the time?” (November 2015 Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland shares ideas and encouragement for children going through hard times. Includes a story about when Elder Holland was a young father and had some trials.
- “Journal Page” (August 2002 Friend)
A page that you can fill out to talk about some of the challenges you’ve gone through.
- “Joseph and Emma’s Trials” (September 2008 Friend )
Color and cut out these figures to use in telling about some of the trials that Joseph and Emma faced in the early days of the Church.
- “Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail” (October 2008 Friend )
Color and cut out these figured to use in telling the story of Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail.
- “Tender Mercies” (November 2015 Friend)
An activity for remembering the blessings Heavenly Father sends us every day. Includes a recipe for spiced nuts.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Martin Handcart Company—Bitter Creek, Wyoming, 1856”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Saving the Book of Commandments”
- Image: Liberty Jail
- Mormonad Poster: “Adversity Can Make You Strong” (February 1983 Liahona and July 1982 New Era)
- Music: “Come, Come, Ye Saints” (Hymns, no. 30)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 5: Traveling in the Wilderness”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 34: God Warns the People of Zion (July–August 1833)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 35: The Saints Leave Jackson County” (Missouri, September–December 1833)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 36: Zion’s Camp (February–June 1834)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 37: Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail (November 1838–April 1839)”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Men’s Hearts Shall Fail Them”
Elder Russell M. Nelson gives encouragement to those who are going through hard times.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Mountains to Climb”
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that having faith in Christ helps us to have the power to endure and overcome trials
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “God Will Lift Us Up”
Rather than focus on her medical condition, Brittany finds comfort in serving others and trusting in the Lord.
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 46: Job”
- Video: “Trial of Adversity”
A woman paralyzed from the waist down doesn’t let adversity stop her.