- “Crossing Iowa” (October 1997 Liahona and October 1993 Friend)
A description of the pioneers leaving Nauvoo, crossing the Mississippi River, and establishing Winter Quarters.
- “Joseph F. Smith” (September 1992 Liahona and June 1989 Friend)
A story about Joseph F. Smith as a boy when he was guarding cattle at Winter Quarters.
- “Laying the Cornerstone” (July 2007 Friend)
A girl remembers a pioneer ancestor as she is on her way to attend the dedication of the temple at Winter Quarters.
- “A Song Amid a Storm” (July 2005 Friend)
A true story about a pioneer family during a storm in Winter Quarters.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Winter Quarters”
- Image Collection: Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters
- Image Collection: Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 62: The Saints Establish Winter Quarters (1846–1847)”