- “Addiction or Freedom” (May 2002 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson testifies of the Word of Wisdom.
- “A Firm Decision” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Israel Perez of the Seventy decided to keep the Word of Wisdom from a very young age.
- “An Operation on Joseph’s Leg” (February 2008 Friend)
An illustrated telling of how Joseph Smith refused alcohol before surgery as a child.
- “A True Friend” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Melanie helps her friend decide not to smoke.
- “Follow Your Leaders” (July 2004 Friend)
Elder D. Rex Gerratt of Seventy’s father overcame a Word of Wisdom problem to be sealed to his family.
- “He Told Me, ‘No Way’” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Chase refuses to try beer at a friend’s house.
- “Honoring His Name” (May 2008 Friend)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy made a promise with his brother when they were children to never break the Word of Wisdom.
- “I Love Him, He’s My Dad” (September 2004 Friend)
A boy loves his father even though his father has a drinking problem.
- “Spring Cleaning” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) teaches that our bodies are sacred.
- “The Gospel Makes us Happy” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jean A. Tefan of the Seventy shares how keeping the Word of Wisdom and sharing the gospel make us happy.
- “The Strength to Choose” (April 2010 Friend)
Chris’s friend pressures him to smoke, but he chooses the right.
- “The Word of Wisdom: A Blessing of Strength” (February 2003 Friend)
Elder Darwin B. Christenson of the Seventy shares how living the Word of Wisdom helped him win a military race.
- “Trouble in a Teapot” (July 2013 Friend)
Amy’s ancestors stood up for their beliefs. Can she do the same and not drink the tea at the party?
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2010 Friend)
Features a girl from Texas who chose not to drink tea at her friend’s house.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: I’ll Have Juice” (December 2009 Friend)
A girl and her mother drink juice instead of tea at a party.
- “Word of Wisdom Promise” (November 2006 Friend)
Use a chart to decode the puzzle.