- “Achieving a Goal” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) was a horrible baseball player as a boy, but he set a goal to play on a championship team.
- “Best Penmanship” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) worked hard at his penmanship so he could be successful.
- “The Best Test I Ever Failed” (January 2015 Friend)
A girl learns that she has to study for a test in addition to praying for help.
- “The Blessings of Sacrifice” (December 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Adhemar Damiani of the Seventy teaches that if we can accomplish great things when we set goals and work hard.
- “The Doll Dilemma” (March 2013 Friend)
Maddie earns and saves money to buy a doll she really wants.
- “Growing in the Garden” (June 2012 Friend)
Matt doesn’t want to weed his grandparents’ garden, but he discoveries the joys of working and serving.
- “A Hard Worker” (December 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Wilford Woodruff (1807–98 )worked hard on his farm and for the Lord.
- “Hard Worker” (October 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Young President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) worked hard at his greeting card business and went on to be a successful businessman.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, presiding bishop, relates preparation for the Olympics with preparation for life.
- “Matt and Mandy” (March 2015 Friend)
Mandy tries not to compare herself with another pianist at a recital.
- “Our Page” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
This page includes the testimony of a boy from Malaysia who worked hard for a good test grade.
- “The Piano Recital” (January 2015 Friend)
Nathan prays for help overcoming his nerves at a piano recital.
- “Prayer and Work” (November 2007 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares how Heavenly Father helped him find his favorite rabbit.
- “Straightening Nails” (June 2015 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry (1922–2015) talks about learning the value of hard work as a child.
- “There Is Work to Do!” (September 2013 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches that hard work is important. Includes activity.
- “Working on a Farm” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) learned to be happy as he worked on his family’s farm.
- “Dylan’s Saturday Surprise” (June 2012 Friend)
Dylan doesn’t want to wake up to clean the church, but he feels blessed when he realizes he’s cleaning the Lord’s house.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Working Hard
Tell the story “Working on a Farm” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend). President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) worked hard as a child, and as an Apostle he was prepared to help people with everyday chores. How can we follow the example of President Kimball? You might set a goal to do chores more cheerfully this week or help with a job when it isn’t your turn. Performing your duties with a smile now can prepare you to enjoy a life of service as a follower of Christ.
- “Hidden Picture” (October 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden objects in the picture of a family raking leaves.
- “Which Chore Is Mine?” (May 2004 Friend)
Untangle the strings to sort out the children’s chores.