- “The Bad Movie” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
When her class chooses a movie, Evelyn decides to watch only things that would be pleasing to Heavenly Father.
- “The Best Coach” (October 2009 Friend)
Jacob chooses the right even when his teammates are making bad choices.
- “Buddies for Ben” (June 2010 Friend)
A boy befriends another boy at day camp and helps him make friends.
- “A Day to Play?” (May 2013 Friend)
Elder Larry Y. Wilson of the Seventy tells a story about his daughter who decided to play in a soccer game on a Sunday after getting a lot of pressure from her teammates and coaches.
- “Did You Hear about Shara?” (August 2016 Friend)
Lina feels bad and wants to make things right after her friends start gossiping about Shara after Lina tells them something about her.
- “Even Though Everyone Else Is Doing It” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder F. Michael Watson of the Seventy teaches that even if we see other people do something, it doesn’t mean we should do it.
- “Following the Crowd” (August 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) learned an important lesson when he skipped school to follow the crowd.
- “Garbage Can Graffiti” (September 2010 Friend)
Joe makes a bad decision after he listens to his friend instead of the Holy Ghost.
- “I Dare You!” (May 2001 Friend)
Brett likes to do everything his friends dare him to do until he learns a better way.
- “Just One Click” (July 2014 Friend)
A girl is in an uncomfortable media situation when her friends watch videos online.
- “Luke the Leader” (July 2014 Friend)
When Luke’s friends want him to say a bad word, he makes up silly words instead.
- “Matt and Mandy” (March 2011 Friend)
Matt chooses the right even when his friend pressures him to do something bad.
- “Not Expected of You” (May 2000 Liahona and Friend)
A girl breaks a rule about buying candy because all of the other girls are doing it.
- “Question Corner: Dangerous Dares” (January 2014 Friend)
Some of my friends have been daring each other to do dangerous things. They say they’re only having fun, but I’m afraid someone might get hurt. What can I do?
- “The Rule Review” (May 2014 Friend)
Joseph keeps the family rules instead of giving in to peer pressure.
- “Run Away!” (October 2010 Friend)
Tyler had already made the decision to not look at pornography so it isn’t hard for him to run away when his friends pressure him to look at an inappropriate picture.
- “The Secret Weapon” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Adam learned the blessings of being kind.
- “The Stolen Soda” (February 2014 Friend)
Annette repents after taking a soda that isn’t hers.
- “The Strength to Choose” (April 2010 Friend)
Chris’s friend tries to get him to smoke a cigarette.
- “Tag, You’re It” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Lauren decides to not follow Tami’s plan to be mean to Ally.
- “Telling Secrets” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl decides to talk to her mom about a dangerous secret.
- “Treehouse” (August 2003 Friend)
Jordan refuses when his friends try to get him to use a bad word as the password for their club.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “Family Fun Time: Social Skills” (January 2015 Friend)
A fun role-playing game and recipe for family night.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Following the Crowd
Tell the story given by President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) in “Following the Crowd“ (August 2004 Liahona and Friend). Will you make the decision to do what’s right no matter what others are doing? Role-play different situations where you might need to choose the right. End by sharing the experiences of Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. in “Family Traditions“ (August 2004 Liahona and Friend).
- “Passing Kindness” (August 2015 Friend)
An activity about being kind to others. Comes with a fruit salad recipe.
- “School Wise” (September 2009 Friend)
As you play this board game will you choose the right or go along with everyone else?
- “When Should I Tell?” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A page to help children understand when they should speak up about a secret a friend tells them.
Return to full topic list