The Church Educational System (CES) provides educational opportunities to help Church members throughout the world become true disciples of Jesus Christ, with His gospel embedded deep in their hearts. CES helps Church members become lifelong learners, deepen their spirituality, and enlarge their knowledge and understanding of all truth (see Gospel Topic: Education). A major objective is to assist individuals in developing useful skills that will help them provide for and nurture their families and allow them to lead and serve effectively in the Church and global community. CES also seeks to build individual character within a wholesome spiritual and social environment.
CES consists of a number of institutions that provide religious and secular education under the direction of priesthood leadership and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. CES offerings include the following:
- Religious education
- Secondary education instruction and support
- English language instruction
- Microcourses in career, people, and life skills
- Corporate Connect: industry training with guaranteed job interviews
- Pathway: academic preparation for higher education
- Academic skills-based certificates
- Undergraduate degrees
- Graduate degrees
CES institutions work together to provide educational opportunities to Church members through residence-based or online programs wherever the Church is located.