2015 Latino Event—Luz de las naciones: Juventud de la promesa
- Performances October 22–24; Devotional October 25
- Conference Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Get tickets beginning September 22 for performances on October 22, 23, and 24 and for a Sunday devotional on October 25.
- Tickets are free of charge and are available online at lds.org/events.
- Or call the Conference Center ticket office at 801-240-0080 (locally) or 1-866-LDS-TIKS (toll-free).
- Sunday evening devotional in the Conference Center at 7:00 p.m. on October 25 features Elder D. Todd Christofferson and David Archuleta.
The three areas of the Church in Utah will present a special Latino youth and young adult cultural event titled “Luz de las naciones: Juventud de la promesa” in the Conference Center on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, October 22, 23, and 24, 2015, at 8:00 p.m.
David Archuleta will be the featured guest artist. The program will also include a youth and young adult choir, musicians, and dance groups performing a variety of contemporary and traditional dances from Latin America.
The presentation will be in Spanish with a limited number of headsets available on a first-come, first-served basis for those who speak English or Portuguese.
Members are encouraged to bring their friends and relatives. Ward mission leaders can use this free event as a member-missionary outreach opportunity.
There will also be a religious devotional in Spanish in the Conference Center at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 25. Elder D. Todd Christofferson, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, will preside and speak. David Archuleta will also share a message. The devotional is a separate ticketed event from the cultural event.
It is highly recommended that tickets for the cultural event performances and for the Sunday devotional be obtained well in advance. Tickets are free of charge and available online at lds.org/events and at the Conference Center ticket office by calling 801-240-0080 (locally) or 1-866-LDS-TIKS (toll-free) beginning Tuesday, September 22, 2015.
The Conference Center doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for the cultural presentations and at 5:30 p.m. for the Sunday evening devotional. Those planning to attend should arrive 30 minutes prior to the event start time. Seating is general admission.
This year the invitation to attend these events is extended not only to members of Spanish-speaking units but to anyone who wishes to attend.