2018 RootsTech Family Discovery Day
- March 3, 2018
- Salt Lake City, Utah and Online
- Watch select sessions live on the home page of LDS.org.
Are you passionate about family stories? Do you have an interest in learning how to discover your roots? If so, the 2018 RootsTech Family Discovery Day is for you, and you can attend or watch live from anywhere in the world.
RootsTech Family Discovery Day is a 1-day free event on March 3, 2018, designed to help LDS individuals and families discover and celebrate their family heritage—past, present, and future. Family Discovery Day originates at the RootsTech family history conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Elder and Sister Oaks will be the keynote speakers
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Sister Kristen M. Oaks, will be the featured keynote speakers at the Family Discovery Day general session, beginning at 1:00 p.m. MST on March 3, 2018.
Elder and Sister Oaks will be sharing insights and lessons learned from their own family history, as well as the importance of temple and family history work.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Sister Kristen M. Oaks.
In addition to hearing from Elder and Sister Oaks, Family Discovery Day attendees will:
- Hear inspiring messages and performances from special guests, including popular LDS speaker Hank Smith, America’s Got Talent finalist Evie Clair, popular singer Kenya Clark, and prominent Latin American artist, Alex Melecio.
- Attend a selection of classes designed to teach you how to find family names, prepare them for temple blessings, and teach others to do the same.
- Enjoy the RootsTech closing event, My Family, Mi Herencia, featuring Luz de Las Naciones.
Family Discovery Day is a free event but registration is required. Visit rootstech.org to register.
Watch live stream
If you can’t attend Family Discovery Day in person, you can still participate virtually! General sessions will be streamed live on the home page of LDS.org in English, Spanish, and Portuguese so that members of the Church around the world can participate.
If you can’t watch live on March 3 starting at 1:00 p.m. MST, videos of the messages from Family Discovery Day will be archived at lds.org/discoverfamily for later viewing in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.