Members and Friends of the Church Invited to Participate in October 2012 General Conference
- October 6-7, 2012
The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles invite all members and friends of the Church to participate in the 182nd Semiannual General Conference on Saturday and Sunday, October 6 and 7, 2012.
Messages will be given by the First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the Church.
General sessions will be held on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., followed by the priesthood session at 6:00 p.m., mountain daylight time. Two more general sessions will be held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain daylight time; the morning session includes the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word.
Members can watch conference in their meetinghouses or in their homes.
To view conference at local meetinghouses, check with local leaders on availability of the broadcast by satellite or Internet feed.
Tell Your Friends
The live broadcast will be available from the following sources:
- Conference.lds.org: Video and audio in 16 languages.
- Mormonchannel.org and Mormon Channel mobile apps: Video and audio in English only.
- BYU.tv: Video and audio in English only.
- BYU.tv International: Video and audio in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Facebook.com/LDS: Video in English only. (Choose “General Conference” from the left menu.)
- Roku Channel: Video only in American Sign Language, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. (Search for general conference under the “Spiritual” category.)
In addition, many local cable and radio stations make conference readily available. Visit www.bonneville.info for broadcast information or check local listings.
Tickets to attend conference can be obtained through local Church leaders for members living in the United States or Canada. Visitors from other countries who wish to attend conference may obtain tickets at the Conference Center Ticket Office, located at Door 4 of the Conference Center, from Monday, October 1, 2012, through Sunday, October 7, 2012, during the following times:
- Monday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Friday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Sunday 7:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Members may receive one ticket each for each eligible session of general conference. International members will need to show both a passport and form I-94 to receive tickets.
Inviting Others to Participate
The General Conference section of LDS.org includes banners, video and audio widgets, and infographics that can be embedded onto a personal blog or website to invite friends and associates to participate in conference. This page also includes a link to the Church’s Facebook page, which contains a General Conference event.
Within 24 hours of a conference session’s conclusion, video and audio files of that session will be available in major Church languages at conference.lds.org. The Thursday following general conference, text of all talks will be posted in English at conference.lds.org. The November issues of the Liahona and Ensign will feature conference addresses. More information on what and when conference materials become available can be accessed online.
To watch or listen to past conference addresses visit the General Conference section of LDS.org.