This year’s theme, “Pioneers—Our Anchor for the Future,” will be exemplified by the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. These contestants, descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869, are pathfinders of today. They represent the high standards of modern-day pioneers with a love of their pioneer heritage and a vision of the difference young women can make in the world.
The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 13, 2013, at the Conference Center Theater, located at 60 West North Temple Street in Salt Lake City. The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits. Please visit www.dupinternational.org for application information. The application deadline is April 2, 2013.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All the young women who will be competing are between the ages of 19 and 25. The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade, will be in attendance at many functions (such as the Days of ’47 Rodeo), and will speak at numerous gatherings and events during the summer of 2013. They will be role models to all young women who hear their message as they represent the state of Utah, the Days of ’47, and Daughters of Utah Pioneers.
No tickets are required for this event.
- Ambulatory seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the performance halls. Photographs are not permitted during the performance.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.
- Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into performance halls.
- Those attending the production should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only.