The 188th Semiannual General Conference of the Church will convene in the Conference Center auditorium in Salt Lake City on Saturday and Sunday, October 6–7, 2018, and will be broadcast to many areas of the world. Saturday general sessions will be held at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain daylight time (MDT); Sunday general sessions will be held at 9:30 a.m. MDT, which includes Music and the Spoken Word, and 2:00 p.m. MDT. The women’s session will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. MDT.
Tickets for All Sessions
Tickets are required for admission to sessions in the Conference Center. Music and the Spoken Word is part of the Sunday morning session, and tickets are required.
United States and Canada
Members of the Church living in the United States and Canada should contact their local priesthood leaders to inquire about the possibility of obtaining tickets for general conference.
Outside the United States and Canada
New Process for Areas outside the United States and Canada
The ticket process for visitors from outside the United States and Canada wishing to attend general conference has changed. Tickets will no longer be distributed at the Conference Center Ticket Office. Tickets need to be ordered in advance through the individual’s stake or district president in their home country. The number of tickets and tickets for a specific session cannot be guaranteed. Area office personnel and priesthood leaders are encouraged to inform those wishing to attend general conference that they must have their stake or district president order tickets on their behalf, no sooner than two months prior to general conference. Ticket requests may be submitted to the Conference Center Ticket Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worldwide gather twice a year for what they call “general conference.” As such, tickets are distributed to members of the Church through their stake organization.
Members of the Church who didn’t receive tickets and individuals who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are welcome to try to obtain a ticket to attend via the standby line located on Temple Square.
- Tickets are required for these events. Those with tickets should be in their seats 30 minutes before the event start time or their ticket may not be valid.
- Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages eight and older for general sessions and priesthood holders 12 years of age and older for the general priesthood session. No babies, please.
- Standby seating may be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The standby line is formed at the north gate on Temple Square approximately two hours prior to each session.
- Those attending the event should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only. More information about parking for general conference can be found here: https://www.lds.org/locations/temple-square-parking/conference-center.
- Parking at the Conference Center will not be available for this event.
- Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Interpretation by an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter is available. Patrons who require this service should inform an usher when they arrive at the Conference Center.
- A limited number of language translation headsets are available in the foyer areas of the Conference Center. Please ask an usher for assistance if needed.
- Service dogs are not allowed in venues where meetings and events are being broadcast or recorded. Ushers will direct you to overflow viewing rooms where your service dog is allowed.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the performance halls. Photographs are not permitted during the event. Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Weapons (including pocketknives) are not permitted in the Conference Center.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the event.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.
- Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into performance halls. Effective immediately, the practice of accepting or storing any personal items brought by visitors to events and performances will be discontinued on Church headquarters properties. Individuals who request such accommodations will be directed to secure their belongings off Church headquarters properties.
- For general conference sessions, the Conference Center doors will open 90 minutes before the session start time. The length of each session is approximately two hours.