Repertoire for the concert will include the Vivaldi Concerto for Four Violins in B Minor, op. 3, no. 10; Gounod’s Petite Symphonie; and Tchaikovsky’s Symphony no. 5 in E Minor. Soloists for the concert repertoire will be members of the Orchestra at Temple Square
The Orchestra at Temple Square was established in 1999 as a companion ensemble to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Each week up to 85 musicians, drawn from a roster of more than 200 volunteers, provide instrumental support to the Choir in the weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. The Orchestra performs with the Choir in joint concerts as well as presenting its own fall symphonic concert in the Tabernacle. Since its founding, an ensemble from the Orchestra has performed on tour with the Choir, and since 2005, a full complement of the Orchestra has participated. Like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir members, the Orchestra members serve as musical goodwill ambassadors for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Free tickets are required for this event. There is a limit of four tickets per person.
- On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, tickets may be obtained over the internet or by calling 801-570-0080 (locally) or toll-free 1-866-537-8457 (1-866-LDS-TIKS) beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Based on availability, tickets may be obtained in person at the ticket office located at door 4 of the Conference Center beginning Tuesday, September 25, 2018. The ticket office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Seating will be general admission.
- Tickets are required for this event. Patrons should be in their seats 15 minutes before the event start time.
- Standby seating may available on a first-come, first-served basis. The standby line is formed at the flagpole on Temple Square.
- For this event in the Tabernacle, admission is open to those ages eight and older.
- Ambulatory impairment seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform the ticket office when they obtain tickets or inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Service dogs are not allowed in venues where meetings or events are being broadcast or recorded. Ushers will direct you to overflow viewing rooms where your service dog is allowed.
- Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the Tabernacle. Photographs are not permitted during the performance.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.
- Weapons (including pocketknives) are not permitted in the Tabernacle.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Tabernacle.
- Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into the Tabernacle.
- Those attending the production should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only.
- The Tabernacle doors will open 60 minutes before the performance start time.
- The length of the performance is approximately 90 minutes.