The Bells on Temple Square celebrate the spring season with a concert entitled “Ring with One Accord.” The Bells concert, always an audience favorite, is on Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. in the Salt Lake Tabernacle on Temple Square. The concert will also be streamed from thetabernaclechoir.org at the same time.
This spring concert will be led by LeAnna Willmore, conductor of the Bells on Temple Square. Geoff Anderson, associate conductor, will also direct several numbers performed by the 34-member, all-volunteer ensemble. The bell ensemble will feature their talented versatility playing on two sets of English hand bells (one with 7 octaves and one with 6½ octaves) and two 6-octave sets of hand chimes.
In keeping with the concert’s tradition, the bell ensemble numbers will be interspersed with pieces by Temple Square organists as well as pieces by members of the Orchestra at Temple Square.
The Bells on Temple Square have been performing with The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square and in separate concerts of their own since the ensemble was organized in 2005. Part of the Tabernacle Choir’s organization, the handbell ensemble includes 34 volunteer musicians drawn from a 100-mile radius of Temple Square. Their eagerly anticipate twice-yearly concerts showcase the broad spectrum of the handbell repertoire. In addition, the Bells on Temple Square often take part in the weekly Musicand the Spoken Word broadcast of The Tabernacle Choir and play a key role in the Choir’s annual Christmas concerts. The Bells on Temple Square ringers were the invited guest performers at the Utah All-Sate Choir festival held in the Tabernacle on October 13, 2018, and are annual participants in the Utah Spring Ring of the Handbell Musicians of America.
The bell ensemble holds rehearsals on most Wednesday nights in the Tabernacle which are open to the public. Please check the Bells on Temple Square rehearsal page to confirm specific rehearsal dates, as they are subject to change or pre-emption.
- Free tickets are required for this event. There is a limit of four tickets per person eight years and older.
- On Tuesday, May 14, 2019, tickets may be obtained over the Internet or by calling 801-570-0080 (locally) or toll-free 1-866-537-8457 (1-866-LDS-TIKS) beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Based on availability, tickets may be obtained in person at the ticket office located at door 4 of the Conference Center. The ticket office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Patrons without tickets are encouraged to join the standby line by the flagpole on Temple Square for last-minute seating which is often available.
- Seating will be general admission.
- Tickets are required for this event. Patrons should be in their seats 15 minutes before the event start time.
- Standby seating may available on a first-come, first-served basis. The standby line is formed at the flagpole on Temple Square.
- For this event in the Tabernacle, admission is open to those ages eight and older.
- Ambulatory impairment seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform the ticket office when they obtain tickets or inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Service dogs are not allowed in venues where meetings or events are being broadcast or recorded. Ushers will direct you to overflow viewing rooms where your service dog is allowed.
- Patrons should not bring cameras or audio or video recording devices into the Tabernacle. Photographs are not permitted during the performance.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.
- Weapons (including pocketknives) are not permitted in the Tabernacle.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Tabernacle.
- Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into the Tabernacle.
- Those attending the production should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only.
- The Tabernacle doors will open 60 minutes before the performance start time.
- The length of the performance is approximately 90 minutes.