10 Ways to Add More Christ to Your Christmas
Contributed By Camille West, LDS.org Church News
“We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season.” —President Thomas S. Monson
“Finding the real joy of Christmas comes not in the hurrying and the scurrying to get more done, nor is it found in the purchasing of gifts. We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season,” taught President Thomas S. Monson (“Christmas Is Love,” 2012 First Presidency Christmas Devotional).
The Church provides many online resources to inspire and focus members' attention on the Savior. Here are just a few free and easy things you can do to make Christmas this year less about what you purchase, give, or receive and more about the Savior Jesus Christ.
1. Watch the First Presidency’s Christmas Devotional with seasonal music and inspiring messages.
3. Watch the Bible Video “The Nativity.”
4. Scroll through the Church History Museum’s online gallery to see inspiring paintings relating to the Birth of Christ.
5. Listen to commercial-free Christmas music online on the Mormon Channel.
10. Read 5 Gift Ideas That Bring Christ into Christmas for more ideas on giving Christ-centered gifts.