10 Ways to Help You Focus on Christ This Easter
Contributed By Camille West, LDS.org Church News staff writer
The Church’s websites offer several resources that can help you and your family focus on Jesus Christ this Easter. The following are just a few suggestions:
1. Feel inspired through beautiful images and music as you watch and listen to the Tabernacle Choir video “He Is Risen.”
2. Consider what is possible in your life because of Christ’s Atonement and Resurrection. Visit mormon.org/becauseofhim, where you can read the Easter story, learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ, and view the video “Because of Him.” Use social media to “like” the video, and share your personal thoughts and feelings using #becauseofhim.
3. Teach a child what Easter really means. Share stories and images from the Friend magazine, such as “Sold” or “Seven Days Till Easter,” or find a list of other Easter resources for children at lds.org/friend.
4. Increase your faith in Christ and His mission. Have a Bible video marathon with friends or family and watch these Bible videos:
Or share the latest Bible Video, “Unto This End Was I Born.”
5. The Tabernacle Choir performance of the Messiah may be sold out, but you can still view the performance live online on mormontabernaclechoir.org/messiah beginning at 7:30 p.m. mountain daylight time on Friday, April 18, or on demand via the choir’s website and on youtube.com/mormontabchoir through Monday, April 21, 2014.
6. Learn how you can call upon God’s grace and enobling power every day. Read the article “Grace and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”
10. Strengthen and share your testimony of the Resurrection. Study “The Resurrection of Jesus Christ” by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and then record for your posterity what you believe.