10 Ways to Keep the Savior the Focus of This Christmas Season
Contributed By Camille West, LDS.org Church News
“We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season.” —President Thomas S. Monson
“We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season,” President Thomas S. Monson taught during the 2012 First Presidency’s Christmas devotional.
Here are 10 easy ways Church websites can help you keep the Savior the focus of this Christmas season:
- View the video “A Savior Is Born” and then to invite others to learn more about Jesus Christ by visiting christmas.mormon.org.
- Listen to Mormon Channel’s Christmas music 24/7.
- Watch inspiring messages and music from the First Presidency’s Christmas Devotional or review Christmas addresses from past years.
- Watch all the videos in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s Christmas songs video gallery.
- View the online art gallery Tell Me the Stories of Jesus or these Life of Christ online exhibits focusing on the life and ministry of the Savior.
- Read 5 Gift Ideas that Bring Christ into Christmas.
- Spend time with a child. Find an extensive list of Christmas messages from leaders, stories, activities, FHE ideas, videos, and more from the Friend magazine.
- Browse LDS.org for Christmas music, images, articles, ideas for families, and more Christmas ideas.
- Listen to Mormon Channel’s A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens.
- Watch these Bible Videos in this order:
- The Nativity
- Mary, the Mother of Jesus
- An Angel Foretells Christ’s Birth to Mary
- Mary and Elisabeth Rejoice Together
- The Naming of John the Baptist
- Glad Tidings of Great Joy: The Birth of Jesus Christ
- Mary and Joseph Travel to Bethlehem
- Shepherds Learn of the Birth of Christ
- The Christ Child Is Presented at the Temple
- The Wise Men Seek Jesus