2016 International Day of the Bible Is November 14
Contributed By Camille West, LDS.org Church News
- November 14, share your love for the Bible using #BibleCelebration.
“This sacred record of scripture is full of the Lord’s commandments and love for His children. It is relevant to each one of us.” —Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5).
Which Bible verse do you quote most often? Do you have a favorite psalm?
Join with Christians around the world in sharing your love for the Bible by participating in the International Day of the Bible on Monday, November 14, at noon.
Simply share a Bible verse or thought on social media using the hashtag #BibleCelebration. You can also read the scriptures, sing a song, or watch a Bible Video.
“This sacred record of scripture is full of the Lord’s commandments and love for His children,“ Elder D. Todd Christofferson posted during last year's celebration. ”It is relevant to each one of us. People of faith who read and ponder biblical teachings in their lives form the moral underpinning of society. Its divinely inspired teachings will ultimately lead us to Christ and salvation.”
The International Day of the Bible is a multifaith celebration sponsored by the National Bible Association, a nonprofit organization that promotes Bible reading. Learn more on the website, Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram.
Here are some helpful Bible resources on LDS.org:
- Bible Videos: The Life of Jesus Christ website
- Bible Videos on Mormon Channel on YouTube
- Children's Bible Videos
- Images from the Old Testament and New Testament
- Images from Bible Videos: The Life of Jesus Christ
- The Blessings of Scripture video
- What Scriptures Mean to Me video
- Bible Videos 2-disc DVD, a compilation of 100-plus videos about the Savior’s life and teachings (preorder at store.lds.org or in LDS bookstores)
- Children's songs about the Bible
The wise men travel to visit the Christ child. Find Bible Video images in the LDS.org Media Library.