8 Ways to Access General Conference
Contributed By Larry Richman, Church News contributor
The First Presidency has invited the world to participate in messages of inspiration and guidance during general conference this Saturday, October 4, and Sunday, October 5.
Here are eight ways that you can participate in general conference:
1. In Person
There is power in the Spirit you can feel by attending the live event. The Savior promised that “where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20).
• Attend the live event in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. See ticket information.
• Attend the live satellite or Internet broadcast in your meetinghouse. For broadcast times and options, see the satellite broadcast details. To find a meetinghouse anywhere in the world, visit maps.lds.org.
Closed captions are available at conference.lds.org in English, Spanish, and Portuguese by choosing the CC button on the LDS Media Player (Flash). Also available in English on Apple iOS devices by going to the video settings on the device and turning on closed captions.
3. Mobile App
Mormon Channel mobile app
Mormon Channel on Roku
Audio is available through various radio stations, including Mormon Channel HD Radio, KSL Radio, BYU Radio (online and SiriusXM), and Internet radio stations throughout the world. For listings, visit bonneville.info.
6. Social Media
Quotes and video highlights will be posted on Church social media channels (as well as on LDS.org) shortly after each talk. They will appear at twitter.com/ldschurch, pinterest.com/LDSChurch, and on the individual Facebook, Google+, and Twitter accounts for each of the Brethren.
• Video cached streams of the full sessions will be available immediately following each session. Divisions into individual talk and song segments in many languages will begin appearing after 8 hours and will be completed within 24 hours of the broadcast on conference.lds.org, podcasts, iTunes, and YouTube.
• Audio in 83 languages will be available on LDS.org and on the Mormon Channel in iTunes within 8 hours of the broadcast.
• Talk summaries will be posted on Church News following each session.
• Text in other languages will be posted in the following weeks.
8. Physical Copies
You can read and study general conference messages afterward using the following:
• Physical DVDs and audio CDs, which you can preorder now at store.lds.org and they will be shipped as soon as they are available. (You can also subscribe to have the DVDs or CDs sent to you automatically every conference.)