Applications Due September 18 for Eagle Scout Choir
- Applications are due September 18 for those interested in participating in the Eagle Scout choir for the “Century of Honor” Scouting event October 29 at the Conference Center.
On October 29, 2013, the Church will celebrate its 100 years of Scouting in the Conference Center with an event that includes a salute to dedicated leaders, inspiring and uplifting music, and stories of strengthened lives. A large number of national and regional BSA leaders will be in attendance.
Applications are due September 18, 2013, for individuals interested in singing in an Eagle Scout choir for the 100-year celebration of the Church’s affiliation with the Boy Scouts of America.
An important part of this special evening will be music performed by a 364-voice Eagle Scout choir. Youth and adults (including multi-generation family members) who have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout are invited to participate in the choir. Those who will be selected to participate in the choir need to have:
- A background in choral singing.
- The ability to attend each of the rehearsals as indicated below.
- A complete Scout uniform for the performance (a commemorative neckerchief will be provided).
- A missionary haircut and a clean-shaven face.
Interested applicants should also live within 100 miles of the Conference Center. To apply, please complete the application. It must be received by the LDS-BSA Relationships Office by Friday, September 13.
Email or fax the application to:
LDS-BSA Relationships Office
Boy Scouts of America
Those who are selected will be notified by email. Each choir member will receive two tickets to the October 29 commemoration.
Sunday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on September 22, September 29, and October 13
Tentative: October 19 (daytime), October 22 (evening), October 26 (daytime), October 28 (evening)
If you have questions, please contact the LDS-BSA Relationships Office.