The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced officially which pageants will continue following the Church's October 27 statement that “the goal of every activity in the Church should be to increase faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and to share His gospel message throughout the world.”
According to Newsroom, conversations on how to modify or end pageant productions took place in October 2018, and three of the seven productions will continue. The pageants that will continue are as follows:
- The Nauvoo Pageant, with support from Church headquarters.
- The Mesa Pageant will be held under area leadership in 2021 after the renovation of the Mesa Arizona Temple.
- The British Pageant, under area leadership, to be held every four years. The next production will be in 2021.
The pageants to end include:
- The Hill Cumorah Pageant, to end in 2020 after its summer production.
- The Manti Pageant, to end following its 2019 performances.
- The Castle Valley Pageant.
- The Clarkston Pageant.