Church Releases Resources for 2018 Relief Society and Melchizidek Priesthood Curriculum
Contributed By the Church News
The Church has released the resources to use in 2018 Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society Sunday meetings in the conference edition of the Ensign and Liahona.
The new Come, Follow Me—For Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society curriculum was announced in August (see related article) and will be used throughout the Church beginning in January 2018.
The November magazines include an explanation of how the curriculum and teaching and learning approach differs from the past and an outline of Sunday meetings by week. In addition, you can
- Read what members and leaders who helped test the new materials learned.
- Experience an actual council meeting with a Relief Society in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Find suggestions for participating in a council meeting.
So what can Church units do to prepare for this change?
- Personally review the new resources:
- Spend some time in an upcoming ward council looking over the resources together and discussing questions, concerns, and ways the new resources might bless members.
- Invite the ward council to suggest topics for first-Sunday council meetings that will help meet the needs of the members of the ward or branch.
- Melchizedek Priesthood quorum or group leaders and Relief Society presidencies may wish to consider the the ward council's suggestions as they plan and select the topics for first-Sunday council meetings and lessons based on general conference messages.
- Introduce and discuss the new resources during an upcoming quorum, group, or Relief Society meeting. Discuss ways each member can prepare for these changes.
- Encourage priesthood and Relief Society teachers and leaders to attend teacher council meetings to share and discuss their experiences, challenges, and questions about the new resources.
Counseling together in a council
The following are resources for helping members understand principles of participating in a council.