Find Resources to Plan Stake Annual Auxiliary Training Online
Contributed By Sarah Burchett, Church News staff writer
- Find resources for stake auxiliary leadership training meetings online.
- Stake leaders should prayerfully counsel about the needs of their members and plan trainings accordingly.
“We must reach the one—every one. Our prayer is that these goals and the support materials will assist you in making this happen.” —Young Men General Presidency
Resources are now available online for the annual stake auxiliary leadership training meetings. As stake auxiliary presidencies prepare for these meetings, they are encouraged to counsel with priesthood leaders to determine the needs of the wards and branches they oversee and plan trainings specific to those needs.
Each general auxiliary presidency has assembled a collection of materials and resources as well as possible training topics for use by stake auxiliaries. This information is available on LDS.org at each individual auxiliary site and through the links below:
Primary and Young Women
Both the Primary and Young Women general presidencies invite stake leaders to consider two areas of emphasis:
- Teaching and learning in the Church and the home
- Improving Sabbath day observance
“We are so blessed to be living in this glorious time when the Lord is hastening His work of salvation,” the Primary general presidency said.
“Our prophet teaches us that ‘our future is as bright as our faith.’ The children of today are our bright future, and we have been given the sacred charge to help children grow in faith; grow in testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the gospel; and become faithful lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ.”
The Relief Society general presidency echoes those emphases with the addition of worship during the ordinance of the sacrament and the law of the fast.
Invitations from the Sunday School general presidency include highlighting and reflecting upon the following principles of teaching:
- Love those you teach.
- Teach by the Spirit.
- Teach the doctrine.
- Invite diligent learning
The Young Men general presidency offers three areas of consideration for stake Young Men leaders:
- Help young men build relationships with parents, peers, and advisers that strengthen their resolve to remain on the priesthood pathway and develop a relationship with God and Christ.
- Reinforce teaching principles for Come, Follow Me that will support improved teaching and learning in the Church and in the home.
- Lead Aaronic Priesthood quorums with power—understand the purpose of the quorums and effective use of agendas in conducting quorum and presidency meetings.
“It is our desire that as we focus on strengthening faith and building personal relationships with the Holy Ghost and our Savior, the strength of our youth will become even stronger,” the Young Men general presidency said.
“We must reach the one—every one. Our prayer is that these goals and the support materials will assist you in making this happen.”