Find Talks More Easily with Redesigned Conference Pages on LDS.org
Contributed By Camille West, LDS.org Church News
“I urge you to study the [conference] messages and to ponder their teachings and then to apply them in your life. … They are deserving of our careful study.” —President Thomas S. Monson
Whether you're preparing a talk or lesson or just want to study the teachings of living prophets and apostles, the recently redesigned general conference section on LDS.org makes it easier than ever to find and study general conference talks online.
Find talks by conference
In the default view, the most recent conference talks are organized by session. To find a talk from a previous conference, select “Conferences” from the top of the screen and either type the desired month and year in the search box or select “All conferences” and search from the listed conferences.
By the title of each talk is the name of the speaker and the speaker's photograph, which makes it easier to scan and select the speaker's talk you're looking for.
If you want to view or download an entire session, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the session name.
New layout includes speakers' photographs.
To watch or download an entire session, click on three vertical dots to the right of the session name. View full screen by playing the video and then expanding the screen.
Find talks by speakers
Have a favorite speaker? Now you can easily view all his or her talks at once. Simply select “Speakers” at the top of the screen and type the name of a speaker in the search box or select “All speakers” to get the list of over 400 speakers. When you find the speaker you are looking for, you'll also see the number of talks he or she has given in parentheses after the name. President Thomas S. Monson, for example, currently has 230 talks in the archives.
Now you can easily view all the talks by a given speaker.
Find talks by topic
Have a particular subject in mind? You can now see all talks about any of the 273 topics listed currently. Select “Topics” at the top of the screen and either type in a topic in the search box or select “All topics” and choose from the alphabetized list. The most recent talks on a subject are listed first.
Now you can easily view all talks on any of the 268 current topics.
Some additional features include:
- Related talks. At the end of each talk are suggested talks for further study of the topic.
- Grouped actions. Actions such as listen, download, print, share, and watch are conveniently located at the top of each talk.
- Music. Audio recordings of conference music are presented in a new playlist for easy finding and playing. You can search by title or artist or filter by conference. Use the shuffle feature to listen to randomly selected songs. Access the music from a conference at the bottom left of the page, immediately below the list of talks. Select “All conferences” or a particular conference. There's also a link to the LDS General Conference YouTube page to find videos of recent conference music.
A new conference music playlist makes it easy to find and enjoy inspiring music. Select the shuffle icon to hear random performances.
- Additional resources. New resource pages provide ideas and information to improve your overall conference experience. See:
– Ideas to prepare
– Activities for children (includes the new Book of Mormon coloring book)
– Live viewing times and options
– Talk summaries
– Format and channel availability
– Ideas for studying
– Answers to personal questions
– Features and benefits of redesign
- Personalized study. Online study tools such as highlighting, tagging, and note taking can be used to personalize your study of conference messages. Make sure you are signed in to your LDS Account as you study.
The new design works well for desktop, laptop, and mobile device users. The changes are already incorporated in English, Spanish, and Portuguese and will be made available in more than 80 languages in coming months.
Feedback on the redesign and suggestions for future enhancements are welcome.