Members Find Multiple Ways to Access, Share Conference Messages
Contributed By Larry Richman, Church News contributor
Over the weekend, millions of people from nearly every country in the world watched LDS General Conference in person or by satellite broadcast, television, radio, online, or with mobile apps.
Interpretation into 94 languages makes it possible for 97 percent of the Church’s 15-plus million members to benefit from conference in their native language.
As usual, members also flocked to social media to share their testimonies and quotes from their favorite talks. The Church facilitated the sharing of those messages by posting quotes, graphic images with quotes, and video quotes during the conference sessions. As usual, the hashtag #LDSconf trended worldwide on Facebook and Twitter.
Access to video, audio, and text
- Audio and video of each talk are posted at conference.lds.org, on the LDS General Conference YouTube channel, the Mormon Channel iTunes account, and the Gospel Library mobile app.
- Summaries of each talk were posted online immediately after each talk. Visit Conference at a Glance and select the various sessions in the right sidebar.
- Invitations from the Prophet provides a summary of invitations from President Thomas S. Monson at the conference.
- Picture quotes were posted to social media and are available in the LDS.org Media Library in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Video quotes are also posted in the Media Library in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Text and video of each talk is now available at conference.lds.org and shortly thereafter in the Gospel Library mobile app.
- Musical selections from the sessions can be watched by clicking Show Music in the gray bar for the Entire Conference at the top of the page at conference.lds.org. You can also access an index of general conference music at GCmusic.lds.org.
See more information about when conference addresses will be available in video, audio, and text.