New Site Provides Help for Using Videos in Meetinghouses
By Allie Crafton, News and Events staff writer
To help members successfully use videos during Sunday lessons, a new LDS.org website, Showing Video in Meetinghouses, is now available.
The site includes tutorials and instructions for downloading and showing Church media on various mobile devices that members may already own, such as laptops, Android tablets or smartphones, Apple iPads or iPhones, and DVDs.
It is important to note that videos are just one of many teaching aids available; no one should feel pressure to purchase expensive equipment in order to teach quality lessons.
For additional helps, see these resources:
- The Come, Follow Me Showing Videos page specifically addresses how to use media for the new youth curriculum.
- Player Features and Player Requirements provide information on using the LDS Media Player to view videos.
- Get help from volunteers and employees by posting questions on the LDSTech forum in the Digital Media or Mobile Applications sections.
- Ask your ward or stake technology specialist for help.
You can find videos to view, download, and share on the following websites:
- Come, Follow Me Youth Curriculum
- Mormon Messages by Topic
- Leadership Training Library
- Mormon Channel
- Mormon Channel on YouTube (has videos in many languages)
- Friend Magazine
- Bible Videos
If a video does not have a download option, it usually means the video is not available for download due to copyright restrictions.