Watch the New Videos about Ministering on LDS.org
- Watch new instructional videos on ministering.lds.org.
“We will implement a newer, holier approach to caring for and ministering to others. We will refer to these efforts simply as ‘ministering.’” —President Russell M. Nelson
The Church has added several instructional videos to ministering.lds.org, the website mentioned during general conference on April 1 after President Russell M. Nelson announced the retirement of home and visiting teaching in order to implement a “holier,” coordinated effort called ministering—“a better way to minister to the spiritual and temporal needs of our people in the Savior’s way.”
An April 13 notice to leaders encourages the use of these instructional videos in “area councils, coordinating councils, stake conferences, stake councils, ward councils, and Sunday lessons for members” to learn more about, discuss, and begin implementing this inspired program.
Ministering.lds.org—which also includes a letter from the First Presidency, a list of frequently asked questions, and resources for leaders—is important for helping leaders and members understand the vision, purpose, and mechanics of ministering.
The following videos provide specific examples of effective ministering, counseling during ministering interviews, and helps for guiding discussions with coordinating, stake, and ward councils and in elders quorums and Relief Societies. The videos are also being added to the Gospel Library app and the LDS Media Library app:
- Resources for Ministering. This page lists all the videos with ideas about how they can be used. The videos include clips from the April 2018 general conference and from general conference leadership meetings with General Authorities, Area Seventies, and General Officers. You can also print a PDF of this list to use in a stake or ward council meeting to help you choose the videos to watch.
- A Vision of Ministering (4:41). Watch this overview video to learn more about ministering. You can watch a shorter (1:19) version or a longer (4:41) version for coordinating, stake, and ward councils.
- Ministering Interviews (19:17). Watch these videos to learn about counseling together in ministering interviews.
- Effective Ministering (15:00). This series of videos can be used to guide discussions with coordinating, stake, and ward councils and in elders quorums and Relief Societies. The series contains the following segments, each with a discussion question after the video.
Why We Minister (2:44)
Question: Why do we minister?
Simple, Individualized, and Led by the Spirit (2:20)
Question: How can we keep our efforts simple and led by the Spirit?
Overview of Ministering Interviews (3:53)
Question: How can effective ministering interviews bless individuals and families?
One Coordinated Effort (3:49)
Question: How can one coordinated effort help us care for all of God’s children?
Invitation to Act (3:24)
Question: How can we implement the vision of ministering provided by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles?
According to the notice sent to leaders:
- Additional resources will be added to ministering.lds.org, the Gospel Library app, and the LDS Media Library app.
- The May issues of the Liahona and Ensign magazines and comefollowme.lds.org contain resources that can be used in fourth-Sunday discussions about ministering in elders quorum and Relief Society meetings.
- A new feature titled “Ministering Principles” will be included in the Church magazines beginning in June.
The Church has added several instructional videos to ministering.lds.org so members and leaders can learn more about, discuss, and begin implementing this inspired change.