What Is an LDS Account?
With the expansions the Church is making to its websites, an LDS account is becoming more and more valuable. An LDS Account allows you to:
- Access ward and stake information.
- Login to new.familysearch.org and learn more about your family’s history.
- Access secure Church websites.
- Create a profile on Mormon.org and start sharing your testimony online.
- Access your personal study notebook on new.lds.org.
- Make purchases in the new online store, coming soon.
Using your name, confirmation date, and membership number (available on your temple recommend or from your Ward Clerk), you can obtain an LDS Account by going to ldsaccount.lds.org/register. Click on “Register for an LDS Account” and follow the instructions to create your account.
Visitors who are not members of the Church may also register for an account that has most of the same features, including FamilySearch, FamilySearch Indexing, Church Educational System class registration, LDS Jobs, It’s About Love, and other sites. From the Sign In page, click “If you are not a member of the LDS Church, please click here to skip this page.” Follow the instructions to create your account.