The McCune Mansion in Salt Lake City, built in 1900 by Alfred W. McCune, prominent Utah financier and industrialist, has been sold by the Church to a group of private citizens for use as a cultural center. The mansion, just north of downtown Salt Lake City, was given to the Church in 1920 as a private residence for President Heber J. Grant. However, he felt that the building, with its elaborate interior, sculpture, and art, should be used as a cultural center, and it became the McCune School of Music and Art. Many prominent musicians served on the faculty. In 1957 the school was phased out and the building became the home of the Brigham Young University Center for Adult Education. With the BYU center now moving to a new location, the McCune Mansion enters a new phase.