This precious gift of priesthood power brings with it not only solemn responsibilities but also special blessings for ourselves and for others. … Much is expected of us.
A Wonderful Gift
- “The rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven” (D&C 121:36).
- We have the responsibility to guard and protect that priesthood.
- We are to be worthy of all the glorious blessings our Father in Heaven has in store for us.
- Stand in holy places.
- Remember who you are and what God expects you to become.
- You are a child of promise.
- You are a man of might.
- You are a son of God.
Special Blessings for Us and Others
A faithful and worthy bearer of the priesthood can exercise that priesthood, blessing his life and that of others.
May we determine, here and now, ever to be prepared for our time of need, our time of service, our time of blessing. … You “are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood” (1 Peter 2:9).
- See what else is in this month’s Ensign.