Discover His Sacrifice
- During that first Easter season the Lord suffered unspeakable agony in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross as He took upon Himself the sins and pains of all humankind.
- He taught that this great sacrifice was for a purpose (see D&C 19:16−19).
- As we discover through prayerful and purposeful study, the impact His mission in mortality has on us, the Holy Ghost can teach and testify to us of the Atonement’s eternal significance.
Embrace His Teachings
- When we discover, then we embrace the Savior’s teachings.
- This is the great work of these latter-days and why we have missionaries and why we have temples.
- It is why we respond to our own calls from the Lord.
- We have a profound sense of gratitude that completely overshadows any sense of sacrifice on our part.
Share His Joy
- As we follow the pattern of discovering and embracing, we experience joy that comes from trying to be more like our Savior.
- We naturally want to share our joy with those we love and invite them to do likewise.
HeLives.mormon.org to view a powerful video and share your testimony of the Savior using the social media #BecauseHeLives.
- We declare, “He is not here, for he is risen.” He lives.
- Because He lives, we, too, can know “peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come. (D&C 59:23).
- David B. Haight, “The Resurrected Christ,” Ensign, May 1985, 59.
- "He Is Risen!," President Thomas S. Monson testifies that Jesus Christ lives.