Building of Temples
- A clear indication of the growth of the Church.
- 144 in operation, 5 being renovated, 13 under construction, 13 in preparation.
- Three new temples will be built in Abidjan, Ivory Coast; Port-au-Prince, Haiti; and Bangkok, Thailand.
- Building temples is ongoing so as many members as possible have the opportunity to attend temples without great sacrifices of time and resources.
Blessings We Receive in the Temple
- We leave behind the distractions and confusion of the world.
- The humble prayer of a sincere heart can be heard and answered.
The Blessings of the Temple Are Priceless
- There is no blessing more precious to President Monson than the peace and comfort he receives from the knowledge he has that he and his beloved wife, Frances, will be together again.
- May we have the spirit of temple worship.
- May we be obedient to His commandments.
- May we follow carefully the steps of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- May we offer prayers of gratitude for His great and marvelous gifts to us.
- Thomas S. Monson, “The Temple of the Lord,” Ensign, May 1993, 4.
- Thomas S. Monson, “Blessings of the Temple,” Ensign, Oct. 2010, 12.
- Thomas S. Monson, “Stand in Holy Places,” Ensign, Nov. 2011, 82.
- “The Holy Temple—a Beacon to the World,” President Thomas S. Monson