The Abrahamic Covenant and the House of Israel
- Through Abraham people of all nations are blessed.
- Abraham’s descendants will bear the priesthood unto all nations.
- If not descended from Abraham, those who accept the gospel become his seed through adoption.
- The Savior of the world would be of Abraham’s lineage.
Scattering and Gathering of Israel
- The Lord promised that one day scattered Israel would be gathered back into the fold.
- The gathering is part of the restoration of all things.
- It is a necessary prelude to the Second Coming.
- The promise that all nations would be blessed by Abraham’s posterity has yet to be fulfilled, but it will be.
Gathering Is a Prelude to the Second Coming
- The Book of Mormon is God’s instrument to accomplish the gathering and the Second Coming.
- The Book of Mormon is a gift from God addressed to the remnant of the house of Israel.
- Much work must be done to gather Israel and prepare the world for the Second Coming.
Gathering of Israel in This Dispensation
- The Book of Mormon tells us that the gathering will take place in the latter days.
- The Lord reaffirmed the Abrahamic covenant in our day through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- We have a responsibility in helping with the gathering.
- The gathering includes the ordinances of the temple, which make it possible for us to be sealed as eternal families.
- Russell M. Nelson, “The Exodus Repeated,” Ensign, July 1999, 6−13.
- Neil L. Andersen, “Preparing the World for the Second Coming,” Ensign, May 2011, 49−52.
- Allan F. Packer, “RootsTech 2013: The Devotional for All Callings: That We Might be Redeemed." Elder Packer talks about the importance of family history work.