Latter-day Saints Must Raise Our Voices
- The Book of Mormon warns us about drifting from our faith (Alma 45:24).
- Our faith must become more firm and sure.
- We must talk of Christ (2 Nephi 25:26−28).
Symbols of Christ’s Sacrifice
- Sacrifices were instituted on the earth as a gospel ordinance.
- These were practiced and performed by the authority of the priesthood.
- They typified the coming of the Son of Man.
- The offering of sacrifices continued from Adam until the time of the Savior.
- The offering of sacrifices generally ended after the Savior’s Atonement and was replaced by the sacrament (Luke 22:19−20).
- Even in periods of apostasy these ordinances still continued.
- Through all periods of recorded time we find the constant reminder of the mission of our Savior.
The Gospel Is the Solution
- Christ has given us His gospel to guide and direct us during our time on earth.
- The solution to the great world problems is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- We declare to the world that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to earth with the power and glory of His holy priesthood.
- We are obliged to live so that when people come to us, they will find good fruit.
- We covenant at baptism to represent Jesus Christ in helping others have the blessings promised if we follow Him.
What You Can Do
- Pray daily and encourage others to do so.
- Study the scriptures daily and encourage others to do so.
- Remain worthy to attend the temple and live as an example to others.
- Give daily acts of service and encourage others to do the same.
Elder Perry gives more counsel on sharing the gospel.
Rise to a New Sense of Commitment
- I know that the only lasting happiness will come as we follow Jesus Christ by keeping His commandments.
- May God bless you with courage, boldness, enthusiasm, and desire to help others restore or gain faith in the gospel of our Lord and Savior.
- D. Todd Christofferson, “Becoming a Witness of Christ,” Ensign, Mar. 2008, 50−63.
- Dallin H. Oaks, “Sharing the Gospel,” Ensign, Nov. 2001, 7−9.
- Seven simple suggestions for sharing the gospel