God knows what we need to be happy. President Thomas S. Monson taught, “He has provided us with guidelines which, if we follow them, will see us safely through this often treacherous mortal journey.”
President Thomas S. Monson shared six blessings that come from keeping the commandments:
- We will be happier. “Our greatest happiness in this life will come as we follow God’s commandments and obey His laws!”
- Our lives will be more fulfilling. “The effect of righteousness [is] quietness and assurance” (Isaiah 32:17).
- They will be less complicated. “The work of righteousness shall be peace” (Isaiah 32:17).
- Challenges and problems will be easier to bear.
- We will have the Holy Ghost to be with us. “May we ever be in tune, that we might hear this comforting, guiding voice which will keep us safe.”
- “Wonderful and glorious are the rewards which are in store for us if we [keep the commandments].”