Skip main navigation
Men and Women and Priesthood Power
Let us think straight about men’s and women’s God-assigned responsibilities, capabilities, and access to priesthood power. Read the full article. —Elder M. Russell Ballard
The Father and the Son Desire Our Exaltation
- Gender is eternal.
- The Father and the Son understand best how to prepare, teach, and lead us.
- We each have the privilege of choosing to believe that They have a plan for us.
- Our testimonies, peace, and well-being begin with the faith to believe that They know best.
The Church Is Governed through Priesthood Keys
- These keys are the authority God has given to priesthood leaders to govern His priesthood on earth.
- All men and women serve in the Church under the direction of those who have keys.
- Men have the unique responsibility to administer the priesthood but they are not the priesthood.
- Men and women have different but equally valued roles.
- The Lord designated that men in His Church hold the priesthood.
- Women are integral to the governance and work of the Church.
Men and Women are Equal in God’s Eyes
- Equal does not mean the same.
- Responsibilities and divine gifts of men and women differ in nature but not in importance or influence.
- It takes a man and a woman to create a family and it takes men and women to carry out the work of the Lord
- Let us think straight and do not attempt to tamper with God’s plan and purposes in our lives.
The Church Needs the Voice and Faith of Women
- Only faithful LDS women can show the world what covenant keeping women of God look like and believe.
- I invite sisters to seek the guidance of Heavenly Father to know how to let their voice of faith be heard.
- We must all defend Father in Heaven and His plan and our Savior.
- We solidify our testimonies through diligent, daily scripture study.
- Have the courage to study the simple truths of the gospel and share them.