What We Believe
Visual series in the Ensign and Liahona about basic principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- “What We Believe” articles (beginning in the January 2010 Ensign and Liahona)
Visual series about basic beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Alphabetical listing of topics that provides information and additional resources.
- Gospel Topics
Alphabetical listing of gospel topics that includes definitions, scriptural references, and additional study resources.
Prophets and Apostles Talk to New Members
Welcoming, encouraging messages from modern prophets and apostles.
- “A Perfect Brightness of Hope: To New Members of the Church” (Oct. 2006 Ensign)
President Gordon B. Hinckley welcomes and gives guidance to new members.
- “New Members, New Traditions” (Oct. 2006 Ensign)
New members embrace new traditions to keep them close to the Lord.
- “What I Wish Every New Member Knew and Every Longtime Member Remembered” (Oct. 2006 Ensign)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland welcomes new members and admonishes them to remain faithful to the end, finishing their course with joy.
- “Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence” (Mar. 2000 Ensign)
Elder Holland counsels new members to stay strong and see the beauty of life unfold for them.
- “When Thou Art Converted, Strengthen Thy Brethren” (Apr. 1997 Ensign)
Elder Robert D. Hales recognizes the important steps new members have taken, encourages them, and gives counsel to all members.
- Mormon Messages: “You Know Enough”
Elder Neil L. Andersen explains that our spiritual journey is the process of a lifetime; we know enough to keep the commandments.
- Mormon Messages: “Waiting on Our Road to Damascus”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches that when we diligently seek to learn of Christ we will eventually come to know Him.
- Mormon Messages: “The Will of God”
Elder Todd D. Christofferson explains the principle of correction from the Lord.
- Mormon Messages: “Your Potential, Your Privileges”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf talks about the blessings that come from living up to our potential.
- Mormon Messages: “Lifting Burdens”
Apostles testify of the Savior’s power to heal, change, and purify us through His Atonement.
- Mormon Messages: “How Can I Find Happiness?”
Elder Richard G. Scott counsels us to center our minds and hearts in the Lord and He will help us have a rich and full life.
- Mormon Messages: “Choose This Day”
President Henry B. Eyring urges us to overcome complacency or discouragement and find joy in serving the Lord today.
- Mormon Messages: “The Power of Hope”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf encourages us to trust in Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Helps for New Members
Messages from Church members especially for new members.
- “Welcome to This Issue of the Ensign” (Oct. 2006 Ensign)
Entire magazine prepared for recent converts.
- “Succeeding as a New Convert” (Feb. 2009 Ensign)
As new members engage in service, feast on the scriptures, and reach out to other members in friendship their confidence will wax strong.
- “Testimonies from the Inner City” (Apr. 1992 Ensign)
The gospel changes lives on the streets of Harlem, New York.
- “Learning to Be a Latter-day Saint” (July 1999 Ensign)
A new member tells how he found member friends to help strengthen him.
- “A Halfpenny and a Pearl” (Sept. 1996 Ensign)
The author reminds us of the many sacrifices members made as new members of the Church.
- Mormon Messages: “Rescued by Christ”
British falconer George O’Neill shares how he was rescued by Christ.