Let Us Consider Our Callings
- Reflect on our responsibilities, determine our duty, and follow Jesus Christ, our Lord.
- The restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood is significant, the Melchizedek Priesthood a cherished event.
- Each young man who has been ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood should be given a spiritual awareness of the sacredness of his calling and opportunities to magnify that calling.
- When President Monson took the sacrament to a brother unable to leave his home, God blessed him with an appreciation for the sacred emblems of the sacrament and for the priesthood he held.
- When interviewed for ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood, President Monson never forgot the spirit of that solemn occasion as he and his stake president read together the responsibilities, the duties, and the blessings of the priesthood which would come to him and to those he would serve.
- When giving his first priesthood blessing aboard a naval ship to a very sick young man, President Monson felt immense gratitude for the power of the priesthood as the young man was healed.
- Each successive opportunity has found President Monson deeply grateful that God entrusted him with this sacred gift. He has marveled at the miracles it has wrought.
Our Prophet’s Testimony
- We are engaged in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. We have answered His call; we are on His errand.
- This is His work. This is His Church, and He is our captain, the King of Glory, even the Son of God.
- I testify that He lives and bear this witness in His holy name, the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- Thomas S. Monson, “Priesthood Power,” Ensign, May 2011, 66.
- Thomas S. Monson, “True Shepherds,” Ensign, Nov. 2013, 61.
- Thomas S. Monson, “Examples of Righteousness,” Ensign, May 2008, 65.