What Does Reconciliation Mean?
- It is the process of ransoming man from his state of sin and restoring him to harmony and unity with Diety.
Forgive One Another
- Those who don’t forgive commit the greater sin.
- Only the Lord Jesus Christ has the right to determine or demand price for offenses committed against us.
- Any transgression against us has already had its price paid by our Savior and Redeemer.
An Atonement for All
- When we fail to forgive we commit the sin of denying the power of the Atonement.
- The Atonement is for the obedient and the disobedient.
- Whatever our pains or burdens the Atonement of Christ gives us the ability to carry them because He makes them light.
- "A Mighty Power of Healing," Ensign, Feb. 1996, 70.
- Boyd K. Packer, "Atonement, Agency, Accountability," Ensign, May, 1988, 69.
- “Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light.” A man who lost his wife and several children in a car accident was able to forgive the young man responsible through the power of the Savior. This enabled the young man to begin to rebuild his own life.