Elder David A. Bednar said, “I exhort you to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth” (“To Sweep the Earth as with a Flood,” address given at BYU Campus Education Week, Aug. 19, 2014).
Whether or not we ever convert anyone, we may still “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees” (D&C 81:5). We may promote better understanding. Or we may simply be one of many voices proclaiming the joy that comes through living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Here are seven ways you can share the gospel using a blog, Facebook, Instagram, or other social media:
- Be real. There’s no need to pretend your life is perfect. Show how the gospel helps you in good times and bad.
- Share personal experiences.
- Share insights from your scripture study.
- Share what you learned in general conference or in Sunday meetings and how you’re applying it.
- Link to uplifting content from LDS.org, Mormon.org, Mormon Messages, music.lds.org, BYUtv.org, the Mormon Newsroom, Church News, or your personal “I’m a Mormon” profile.
- Share what you’re passionate about in the gospel—family history, general conference, family home evening, temples, or food storage. You never know what might catch someone’s interest.
- Share your conversion story.
Read about how Mindy Anne Selu realized she could turn her travel blog into a way to share the gospel.