Why Are You Here on Earth at This Time?
- You have been chosen to live in the final years before the Savior’s return to earth.
- Look beyond the difficulties and obstacles to our important purposes and to the glorious days ahead.
What Is the Lord Asking of You?
- You are to take upon yourself His name.
- You are to follow the Savior, love God, and serve those around you.
- You have the privilege of living your life as disciples of Christ and lifting others.
A Sacred Duty
- President Thomas S. Monson has encouraged you to visit the temples often to do baptisms for the dead.
- No generation of youth that has ever lived as had so great a privilege as you have to assist in the salvation of those who have come before.
- First, we are to search out and find members of our families who came before us.
- The importance of the welding link that binds us together forever is clearly stated in the scriptures (see D&C 128:18).
- Set a personal goal to help prepare as many names for the temple as baptisms you perform in the temple (visit templechallenge.lds.org).
- You will become “saviors on Mount Zion” (see D&C 103:9).
Finding Our Cousins
- Look at your fan chart online to see your ancestors.
- If it is not complete, fill it in as best you can.
- If your chart seems complete, find those closely related to those on your family tree (finding your cousins).
- Help those around you find their ancestors. After all, we are brothers and sisters and we can also call them “cousins.”
Promises for You
- Your knowledge and faith in the Savior will increase.
- You will have a more certain knowledge that life continues on beyond the veil.
- You will receive protection against temptation.
- You will prepare yourself and the world you live in for the Second Coming of the Savior.