The Savior Helped Me in Good and Bad Times
- I learned from a young age that repentance brings needed relief from sin.
- The Atonement could be part of my life in times of trial, joy, heartache, and success.
I Learned to Rely on the Lord
Jacob H. Taylor
- A loving bishop taught me about the role of the Savior’s Atonement to cover weakness, pain, and sorrow, as well as sin.
- I learned that having a conceptual knowledge of the Savior was not enough—I needed to pray to Heavenly Father and actively repent through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
- As I did, I grew more obedient to God’s commandments and closer to the Savior.
I Experienced a Change of Heart
- While on my mission, guilt and sorrow from past transgressions bore me down, so I talked with my mission president and then went home to take time to repent.
- I began reading the scriptures differently, understanding and applying them.
- I began to focus my studies on Christ and His Atonement and how His infinite Atonement could redeem my soul, and my guilt left. I felt secure and loved.
- I learned we need time to repent and can’t make 180-degree changes instantaneously, but because of the Atonement, they can happen completely.
I Felt Hope for the Future
Liliane Soares Moreira
- When my parents divorced, I felt like my hope for an eternal family had ended.
- But this trial brought blessings: my mom was baptized, and I got to better know my Savior and feel His love for me.
I Learned to Forgive
- I was having a hard time forgiving someone who had hurt me.
- I no longer wanted to carry the burden of being sad and angry and pleaded with Heavenly Father to help me. The pain was not gone, but it was now bearable.
- I learned that the Savior’s Atonement does not just allow us to repent; it also helps us heal.
I Found Comfort in His Resurrection
- When my grandmother died unexpectedly, I felt Heavenly Father and the Savior reaching out to me in my pain.
- As I read the words of the prophets, I felt the sweetest peace settle on my heart and knew that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ my family could be together forever.
His Perfect Atonement
I used to believe
That there was a hole
In Christ’s Atonement—
That He could save everyone—
But I was wrong …
There is a
In Christ’s Atonement