Put On the Whole Armour of God
- We are at war—a continuation of the one that began in the premortal world.
- I invite you to “put on the whole armour of God” and join the battle today, as the sons of Helaman did so many years ago.
- The Church needs modern stripling warriors who have made a covenant to stand as witnesses of God and become a great support to the Church.
- Join in the fight against this terrible plague.
- Pornography poisons in many ways your chances of having a loving, lasting marriage.
- It kills genuine, tender human relationships, destroying marriages and families.
- If you are involved, get help now. Pornography can be overcome with the Savior’s assistance.
The Doctrine of Marriage
- Understand the position of the Church on marriage as given us by our Heavenly Father through the scriptures and “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
- The traditional definition of marriage is under attack.
- The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles have explained the Church’s position and God’s purpose and plan for His children.
- We urge you to review and teach members the doctrine contained in the “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.”
- God expects us to uphold and keep His commandments regardless of the opinions of others.
- We must love and strive to help others to understand that no one should ignore or discount God’s commandments.
A Witness and a Warning
- The Lord’s warning in the proclamation also comes with an invitation to come unto Him.
- As one of the watchmen on the tower, I love you and want you to understand that we must face the Lord and keep His commandments.
- The gospel is a message of hope.
- Because of Jesus Christ, peace can replace guilt, healthy relationships can be restored, and addictions can be overcome.
Using Technology to Bless Lives
- Use social media to share the gospel and stand as modern sons and daughters of Helaman.
- Use social media wisely.
- Stand as witnesses of truth and defend the kingdom
Defending the Kingdom
- Don’t worry about those in the spacious building who ridicule or misjudge you.
- Do not shrink.
- You are a great and important generation. The future is bright. You are precious to the future of preparing the world for when Jesus Christ returns.
- “The Family: A Proclamation to the World,” Ensign, Nov. 2010, 129.
- Kathleen S. McConkie, “Defending against Evil,” Ensign, Jan. 1992, 18.
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson teaches us about defending the family proclamation.