What Will You Choose?
You were commissioned by your Heavenly Father to build up the kingdom of God on earth right now and prepare a people to receive the Savior.
Read the full article. —Elder Russell M. Nelson
What Is Your Purpose and Your Identity?
- You are children of the covenant through which inhabitants of the earth can be blessed (Acts 3:25; 1 Nephi 15:18).
- You brethren were foreordained in premortality to bear the priesthood (Alma 13:2−3).
- You sisters were foreordained to bear and care for God’s children.
- You are to build up the kingdom of God on earth right now to prepare the world for the Savior’s millennial reign.
- Though set apart from all others, it is your choices only that can save and exalt you.
- Your freedom to act for yourself is central to your eternal progress.
- Establish priorities: seek first to know Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and love Them.
- Make choices that lead to the glorious destiny of eternal life your highest priority.
- You are living in enemy territory. Avoid the poisonous bondage of pornography.
- Study the family proclamation and choose to stand for the Lord and His truth.
- Study the scriptures and do things that build your faith in Jesus Christ.
Prepare for Your Personal Interview with the Savior
- Each day on earth gives you the opportunity to prepare for Judgment Day.
- When you choose to live on the Lord’s side, you are never alone.
- As you pour out your heart in prayer, His angels will come to help you (D&C 84:88).
- The Lord has given you the Holy Ghost, the scriptures, and words from living prophets to help you.
God Is Your Father: Trust Him
- Maintain your focus on His holy temple
- Be worthy to receive your endowment and sealing ordinances.
- Remain faithful to your covenants.
- Return frequently to the temple.
- Remember your goal is to gain eternal life, for which temple ordinances are essential.
- Prayerfully study D&C 86:8−11 to learn your identity, purpose, and blessing.
- Choose to be a light to the world to help save God’s children, to have joy, and to earn the blessing of eternal life.