Skip main navigation
Why We Share the Gospel
As Latter-day Saints, we each have a missionary purpose—to invite others to come unto Christ. Read the full article.
—Elder D. Todd Christofferson
Results of Being Centered in Missionary Purpose
- We will teach so people understand.
- We will seek the Spirit to know when people are feeling His influence.
- Planning will become a tool.
- Our scripture study will have purpose.
- We will invite people to church.
Internalize and Understand
- Purpose of bringing people to Christ is the cause of Heavenly Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- World has access to salvation only through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Our Invitation—Come unto Christ
- Moses 1:39 (glory of God)
- We warn, save, teach, and baptize.
- Eternal life is possible only through grace of Jesus Christ.
- Because of Jesus’s Atonement His mercy is enough to forgive and make us clean through our faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end (see 3 Nephi 27).
The Why, What, and How
- As people begin to develop faith, teach them what changes they need to make and invite them to act.
- As we study, prepare, and share the gospel, we will have power to teach the first principles.
- The Book of Mormon contains clear explanations of the fundamental doctrines we are to teach.
- It establishes Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Holy Messiah.
- It inspires faith in Christ and brings people to Him.
- Learn from the Book of Mormon, study it, teach from it, and love it.